Thank you for your patience.
Here are the instructions:
First, you will need to reset your password. This requires that your account has a valid email address that you can access. Please do not signup for a new account.
Here’s what to do:
- go here:https://recipeswap.org/fun/
- use the signin link up top and then click Forgot password.
- after you login, test out some features. you can upload an avatar/cover for your profile. here is mine for example:https://recipeswap.org/fun/members/adminster/
The new site has been tested by
a few of the original members for a couple of weeks now (update) – dozens of members for months now. Two things that I would ask of you:
- Use the Test Forum to get familiar with some of the new features and methods.
- Once you are comfortable, go ahead and start using the Recipe Swap and other forums as you have done in the past.
Some final notes:
3 Menus: There are currently three primary menus for navigating the site and features. From a desktop/laptop you will see these as the menu at the top menu bar, a pulldown menu at the top where your Name/avatar are displayed, vertical user menu on the left side of the screen.
The right menu lists all of the forums e.g. Tried & True etc.
At the top there are only the Test Forum, Recipe Swap and Members. This is what I’d like for you to initially focus upon, when you first get started.
All of the forums are working and LIVE so if you want to post there, it is OK too but those are permanent. The Test Forum will be deleted eventually and is just a place to use for you to get familiar with the interface and test things out.
Try out different features. For example you could:
- send me or others, a connection request
- send a private message on the site
- Create a photo album
- Upload photos to your profile
- Upload photos in a forum post – You can add photos and links directly in forum messages without the added steps required in the old Recipe Swap.
- Link to blogs, videos, and images and in many cases they will be embedded automatically in your forum posts.
I will eventually post some instructions on different features but your feedback in the Test Forum, will help me to prioritize issues. There is an active bugs/improvements list that is currently a sticky at the top of the Test Forum.
Registration for new users is
currently disabled (update)open. I don’t want existing members creating new accounts because that will make things more complicated. You can contact me directly if you have problems (update)Also we now have the ability to merge accounts so if you had more than one variation of your account, you can contact me directly to do this, or if you have any problems at all: