Another winner from Zoe Bakes Cakes: Banana Bread with Nutella

marilynfl

https://leitesculinaria.com/309362/recipes-banana-bread-nutella.html

Marilyn's Notes:

I'm actually quite happy with my "one banana bread" recipe, but this one is equally good....even though she uses brown sugar, butter & whole egg while mine uses white sugar, oil and egg whites.

Whatever. A good banana bread is sacrosanct regardless of ingredients.

I did make a slight addition (1/2 C toasted walnuts and 1/2 C mini chocolate chips) to Zoe's recipe because that's how I like my banana bread...with a bit of crunch and (even more) chocolate.

Enjoy.

I should note that I didn't make the full recipe. I only had one rather large, ugly black banana and was going to make my usual "one banana bread" recipe. But then I decided to test out another Zoe recipe, which uses 4 bananas. I simply mashed/weighed my one banana = 146 grams. Zoe's recipe calls for 400 grams of mashed banana (bless her for providing weights) and so I went with 1/3 of the recipe, close enough for government work.

I also had "small" eggs (2.5 dozen for $1.50...couldn't resist) so I used one small egg. The reduced batter wasn't enough for a 9x5 bread pan (all mom has) but I found a disposable 9" cake pan and baked that for 45 minutes. So basically, I ended up with a flat banana-bread cake layer. It was still good.

Good to know...thanks! I just picked up some very speckled organic bananas and will try it again, full size this time.

Back