Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies

marsha-tbay

Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies

Note: Oats are not particularly good for diabetics but with the cream cheese, PASCHA unsweetened chocolate chips, SWERVE, it would not make this such a bad cookie.

I made these right after Christmas 2016. I used almond flour rather than oats. They tasted pretty good. I had a guest for dinner and she really liked them. (Marsha speaking here)

(makes 10-12)

Adapted from: Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup oat flour OR just process rolled oats in a blender until you get a fine flour (70g)

1/8 tsp salt

1/4 tsp baking soda

2-5 tbsp chocolate chips, as desired

1/4 cup granulated sugar or xylitol (46g)

3 tbsp full-fat cream cheese, such as Tofutti (45g)

1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

1 tbsp vegetable or melted coconut oil (12g)

Combine the first 5 ingredients in a deep bowl. In a cup, stir together the remaining 3 ingredients, gently heating if the cream cheese is too firm to stir. Pour wet into dry, then stir together and do not add extra liquid. It will look a bit dry, but keep stirring and scraping off the spoon as you stir. After a few minutes, it will moisten into a cookie dough batter. Form a big ball, then roll into cookie dough balls. Place balls on a plate and freeze at least 30 minutes (or up to a month). When ready to bake, preheat oven to 325 F and grease a cookie tray. Place balls on the tray, press down if desired, and bake 8 minutes—they will look quite underdone when they first come out, so do not even touch them for at least 10 minutes, during which time they will firm up.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2015/02/10/chocolate-chip-cream-cheese-cookies/#OaDgBt53FVdM6mSD.99

Back