HELP 911!! Fire in the hole and all those other things people yell when they need fast attention>>>>

marg

I lost my recipe for Boursin cheese and I need to make it tomorrow for 250 people!! Can one of you kind hearted, generous, wonderful, people please help this poor beleaugered ( prolly mispelled that one) soul??

Many thanks in advance

My eternal gratitude will be yours forever.

( really sucking up here)

marg

Here it is Marg...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Boursin Cheese (Homemade)

Recipe By : Finer Kitchens #1978
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Appetizers Dips & Spreads
Cheese/Milk

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

2 cloves garlic
8 ounces butter -- at room temperature
16 ounces cream cheese -- at room temperature
3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon fresh dill -- OR
1 teaspoon dried dillweed -- crumbled
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon chives
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme -- crumbled
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley

Have cheeses and butter at room temperature. Crush garlic. Mix cheeses, butter and garlic.
Add remaining ingredients, mix well. Pack into a container just large enough to hold the boursin and store in refrigerator. To serve, bring to room temperature. Serve with crackers.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Recipe By : evelyn/athens/Recipezaar

Also this one...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Herb-Garlic Cheese (Boursin) & Garlic Herbed Chicken

Recipe By : Finer Kitchens #1489 from Pat/No. Cal
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cheese/Milk Chicken

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

12 ounces light (Neufchatel) cream cheese -- softened
3 tablespoons sour cream
2 medium cloves garlic -- minced
3/4 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley -- finely chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chives -- finely chopped
1 teaspoon garlic salt
freshly ground black pepper -- to taste

Place the cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well to blend. The cheese can be refrigerated for 2 to 3 days.

Source: adapted from First Impressions by Betty Rosbottom

Pat’s notes: "This is excellent. *Didn’t use the garlic salt, there was more than enough flavor from the fresh garlic. Used the herb-garlic cheese to stuff chicken breasts (Marg/PA’s yummy Garlic Herbed Chicken with a Balsamic Glaze recipe, post #48992, see recipe below). Just like store-bought Boursin/Alouette/Rondelle only better, IMHO. Also is particularly good as a spread with Pepperidge Farms crackers – especially the butterflies and the whole wheat ones....YUM!"

Thank you Marg for this tasty chicken recipe.

Garlic Herbed Chicken with a Balsamic Glaze

6 bone in skin on chicken breasts
1 5 oz package of boursin cut into 6 pieces
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
3/4 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
fresh herb sprigs

Preheat oven to 400. Line a heavy baking sheet with foil that has been lightly oiled.
(Pat’s note: I didn’t do this, just used a baking dish.)

With your fingers carefully lift skin from the breasts to form a pocket between the skin and flesh. Place a piece of boursin under the skin and massage the skin to spread the cheese evenly. Place on prepared baking sheet. In a small bowl whisk the vinegar and oil. Generously brush the chicken with half the mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, whisk the remaining vinegar mixture and brush over the chicken continue baking for 20 to 30 more minutes or till golden brown and juices run clear.

Source: Marg/PA @ Gails

Marg said: "This is a nice, easy recipe to serve guests who, unless they were in the kitchen with you will think you really worked hard. Serve on a bed of fresh herbs on a warm platter. (I used baby greens as well as the herbs, it looked very pretty. Lightly garliced mashed potatoes and a green salad go well with this dish."

Pat’s notes: "Excellent! Made my own Herb-Garlic Cheese. Was an incredible meal with Galette of Potatoes and Exotic Mushrooms, spinach sauteed in olive oil with a little garlic, and Caramel Swirl ice cream
for dessert. Heavenly combinations. Next time I might try a boneless skinless version in puff pastry...like a chicken wellington. "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Back