Help - I can't view photos

music-city-missy

I haven't been here much since the new site was up and I've tried searching but all I find are instructions and tips on posting photos. I am still lost getting around in here.

I haven't been here much since the new site was up and I've tried searching but all I find are instructions and tips on posting photos. I am still lost getting around in here.
At the bottom of this reply window I opened to post is "attach files" and I was able to attach this irrelevant photo.

Attachments

• eggplant (1).JPG
    eggplant (1).JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
mcm, the first thing to check is the extension on your photo. I have an iPhone and for some ungodly reason known only to a 12-year old Apple SW coder, they now use the extension .HEIC (High-Efficiency Image File) rather than the plain old common .jpg extension for photos. I'm not sure if Paul has set THIS code to accept .HEIC photos yet. So that may be a photo issue. You can change the extension on your computer to a .jpg.

However, if it's the process of adding a photo with a .jpg extension that is confusing, you simply have to click on the square mountain icon at the top of the text box (it's there with the other editing icons), then drag or toggle to where your photo is.

Lastly, I tend to edit my photo size before loading it. Again, my phone takes photos with an actual size typically 44 INCHES by 54 INCHES! There is no reason on earth that I need to see the molecules in the cake I've made. So I scale the largest size down to 10 or 12 and then upload the smaller version.

Let me know if this addresses your issue; if not I'll work with you. The photo option is a dream--I'm so grateful to Paul for making that work.

Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 1.01.14 PM.png

Last edited:
Or when I click the "attach files) box below as I suggested it takes me immediately to my computer's file choices without choosing from the many on the "mountain icon"

There is a difference between using the Photo icon and that Attachment option. The Photo icon lets you embed a photo in the middle of your text. Say you're writing up steps for a cake and want to show photos at each step: the photo icon lets you do that.

The Attachment option puts everything at the bottom of the page, regardless of when you choose to use it.

When selecting the Attachment option, it opens to your personal computer default path. Mine opens at Desktop. I could change it to open to Downloads or Photos, but it's a personal choice. Not everyone defaults to photo.

Lastly, neither option will accept the .HEIC extension. The screen will display the following error message: Image file type is invalid.
To correct this, change the file extension to .jpg following your computer's process steps. Or save the photo as a .pdf file.

Back