here is i (or "ere abraham was i wasn't").

rvb

the rvb is for Rick von Behren or more accurately Frederick von Behren (my father got the Fred part). when i want to be ostentatious, i whip out the whole Frederick William von Behren IV.

i’m 59 ½ and i’ll soon be 60 (ok, i Am 60). you couldn’t pay me to be 30 again – i like where and who i am.

i tune, repair, rebuild and refinish pianos professionally and specialize in old instruments. the oldest piano i tuned was built in 1806, and the oldest i’ve rebuilt was born in about 1860. i love my work.

i’m an active Episcopalian and keep busy in the choir (i sing alto) and as a lay licensed minister, which means i read lessons and prayers, and serve the chalice at communion. the last is to me an honor i cannot express.

i have a passion for cooking and love creative cooking. unfortunately the process of creating a recipe is far more enjoyable than taking the time to write it down so i’ve lost a few very nice recipes. (oh well, i can always think up another one.)

i was a regular poster on GRS since December of 1996 (3 days after i went online and i never looked for another home until i got fed up with the nastiness of that board. i gave up internet cooking until Michael reached me a bit over a year ago with exactly the right amount of entreaty and rebuke (plus the information that the magnificent mimi had creating a parallel board where there was no weeping nor crying (an obscure reference to the revelation of john (in case you haven’t noticed, obscure is one of my favorite subjects)).

as some of you know, i’m painfully shy and i thank all of you for drawing me a bit out of my shell.

birthday: 11/17/46

btw, i definitely would not be able to make it even to the mailbox (110') without the support and guidence of my most lovely wife, laura.

Back