How a computer program engineer writes a recipe for Texas Red

michael-in-phoenix

I have a friend from waaaay back in Jr. High. He went on to become a computer programmer and has taught computer science and programming at the collegiate level. He doesn't cook much, but he does enjoy making his version of "Drunk Texas Red". See attached. Leslie's Texas Red.jpg

oooh, it actually looks good, even to my sensitive stomach. And what a simple but perhaps not often considered comment about not adjusting seasonings until the next day. Makes so much sense.

And SO good to see you here again. !!

Yes, I've been a bit AWOL from this forum. Thanks for the kind words!

I'm kind of in a pattern of working through the recipes we really like a lot, and Lisa makes her cravings known in order to keep the rotation going. As a result, there's not a lot of new and interesting stuff coming out of my kitchen, just favorites.

We did inherit a mini-air fryer recently. I've never really owned one, but this one was thrust upon us, so we adopted it. It didn't take long for us to figure out some good stuff, because both boys use air fryers quite a bit. Our youngest is still in school, so he likes quick things like chicken thighs and wings... Our eldest is a bit more flexible since he still works from his house. Pizzas, seafood, steaks, etc. All good, but again, ours is a "mini" so we can't really do much but explore Trader Joe's' frozen food selection and enjoy some snacks.

1. Would love to know your favorites.
2. THANK YOUR FRIEND for using weights and all the AR details. I truly appreciate that kind of data, especially the specifics on what kind of beer to use. Not being a beer drinker, those ingredients are always a challenge for me.
3. Nice to see you! Hope Lisa and the boys (ah, those men now) are doing well.

Last edited:
Back