I hope I'm posting in the right spot. I'm Dawn and I worry a lot. That's the

dawnnys

That's the reason that I ask more questions than I answer. "Why did my crust turn out tough?" "What do you do to avoid this-or-that?" "Am I going to give my family botchulism poisoning if I don't do such-and-such?" ;o) But hopefully I'm getting better at baking and also improving my cooking skills and broadening my horizons in the kitchen.

I was also a regular at GRS at Epi since November in 1996 when I began a boring job and my boss told me to "Go ahead and explore on the internet if you want!". Then, in 2006 (was it?), was one of the gang that helped contact and bring over as many Gail's refugees as we could find. I just couldn't let our cozy little group scatter so when Mimi asked me if I thought it was a good idea for her to start one here, I eagerly said YES, YES, and asked her how I could help. I'm sooooo glad she does for us, mostly on her own time I understand, and I can't express my thanks to her enough.

I live in upstate New York, about 200 miles northwest of New York City, far away from the metro area, but close enough if I get the urge to visit. I have 2 kids; one girl 16 and a boy 8. Wow, time flies. DH is an environmental engineer and I am an unemployed civil engineer.

I have been cooking regularly since I was a teenager, much prefer cooking and experimenting than baking where you have to stick to the rules. Besides there is less guilt than with baking ;o). I smile :eek:) and wink ;o) a lot, so I hope that doesn't annoy anyone too much. See, I told you I worry.

Back