ISO: ISO dead internal swap link workaround?

In Search Of:

mariadnoca

When I do a search, it brings me to conversations with links to other swap threads, but those links are dead, is there a link work around for access to these old links?

Thanks

Maria, this would be an issue for Paul regarding the recent SW migration. As far as I know, this isn't something we users can manipulate.
Paul recently moved so I haven't pinged him with site issues regarding older posts. Keep track of where your issue is for discussion later.

Hint: sometimes a simple word search containing a key from the dead link will return other links that are working.

Thanks, I’ll drill down further with words. I’d just done a simple search “dips” but that leads to lots of discussion threads with links back to recipes. If anything sounds good, I’ll relook with a title, was just hoping I could tweak the link. I knew you’d know. I didn’t want to bug paul given his move. Thanks!

This is the third system in the past 3 years. Between the 2 conversions I converted many of the links through some logic scripts on the database but some were not convertible/converted incorrectly. So I've been manually updating links on old posts whenever someone reports a link that is not working properly. The new search works AWESOME. I just use the search to find where the link was meant to go and then update the post(s). Ideally we could put together a team on here who could identify these posts that need updating and then update them. But in the meanwhile you can send me a link. Actually let me start a thread where anyone can post a link to a problematic post/thread that will be more efficient/effective.

Back