ISO: ISO easy cold dips for low carb Crudites as breakfast. Because I cannot eat.another.egg

In Search Of:

mariadnoca

So I’m trying to come up with low-curb sugar-free ideas for cold dips to sub as breakfast because I’m not a big egg (or breakfast) person to begin with, but eggs every day is making me nauseous at the idea of eating one more egg. Hummus is too carb loaded, but dairy/protein ideas would be great.

I’ll write this up as a separate post but when I do a search, it brings me to links within the swap that are dead, is there a link work around for access to these old links?

Thanks

Feel free to share other low carb breakfast ideas too. I’d considered soup, but not sure I’d want to eat the same thing for several days. (Freezer space isn’t an option) some days I’ll do fruit, but mornings and food don’t go well with me, so thought something easy, simple I could change up with different dips might work.

Last edited:
so...is this a Keto thing? I'm still trying to understand that whole concept, but it sounds like the old Atkin's diet I was on in the 70's.
Anyway, I did a "keto breakfast dip" search and came up with some interesting hits...most obscenely high caloric, but then I've been dieting since the 70's so calories are always going to be a trigger point for me. On the other hand, I recently met a woman doing keto who lost 37 pounds so far so who am I to wonder.

Cold dips:

Hot dips:

Keto Breakfast ideas with NO EGGS

(I still can't get over eating a bowl of cream cheese + cheese + whatever >> and losing weight. Blows my mind.)

It’s somercising. Which is sorta keto, sorta Atkins. Suzanne somers advocated for it in several books years ago. The basics are, no sugar or alcohol. No bread, No starchy carbs. Fruit is it’s own separate meal, other meals are either protein/fat or a carbohydrate/no fats meal, and avoid funky foods that are high sugar (banana/etc) things that you body treats as combo food (avocado/etc).

basically you are eating like a diabetic. you don’t want anything that your body turns to sugar and combo meal that aren’t seperate can’t treat the entire meal like sugar, so you keep them separate to avoid an insulin response.

First week of covid I lost those I’m sick 5 pounds, Then I decided to do the diet and since I was feeling crappy and taste was barely there, I ate the same thing. Breakfast: bacon and eggs or omelette. Sometimes 1/2 a cantaloup. Lunch or dinner taco salad: Ground beef w taco seasoning, romaine, pico de gallo, red onion, tomatoes, salsa mixed with sour cream as dressing, topped with shredded cheese. Water or hot tea w fake sweetener to drink. Normally, I’d have to eat a third meal to lose weight, but covid would not let me choke down another meal, sometimes I could get down a no sugar added hot dog with fake sweetEd ketchup (no bun). Maybe an apple as a separate snack. No fancy foods given I could barely drag myself to the kitchen. In basically 2.5 weeks I’d lost a total of 20 pounds. Then covid part 2 the nausea weeks started, so no more diet. I’ll get back to it later, but I haven’t gained anything back So in planning stages.

Yikes!

so...I guess there is a hidden silver lining buried WAY WAY DEEP in the Hell That Is COVID.

Glad to hear you're on the upswing.

(my sister (nurse, vaccinated and boosted) picked up a mild case while traveling to Denmark & Norway. Eight plane flights, lots of waiting around at airports and 5 hotels did her in. No one else in the party got it and hers was a very mild "feeling slightly icky" case with symptoms that passed already but she still tested positive upon arriving back in USA. She's feeling fine now and testing negative, but isolating from work place & Mom for required time.)

Triple vaccinated (kicking myself I lagged getting the 4th one). Surprised how sick I got. They gave me an infusion treatment (because the Paxlovid pills interacted w some meds I take) which kept me from getting worse. Today is day 57, mostly better, but taste, fatigue, nausea, cold symptoms still hanging on. 🥴

At Mom's yearly exam, her doctor recommended skipping the second booster this year until the newest vaccine is available. It's approved but not distributed yet. He said it covers more COVID variants than the current second booster shot.

Oh sorry about that. I had it a month ago and took paxlovid. Son and his wife are getting over it now. I hear the debate about getting another booster--I can't remember if I've had 3 or 4. I've had all that are recommended I know.

So I’m trying to come up with low-curb sugar-free ideas for cold dips to sub as breakfast because I’m not a big egg (or breakfast) person to begin with, but eggs every day is making me nauseous at the idea of eating one more egg. Hummus is too carb loaded, but dairy/protein ideas would be great.

I’ll write this up as a separate post but when I do a search, it brings me to links within the swap that are dead, is there a link work around for access to these old links?

Thanks

Feel free to share other low carb breakfast ideas too. I’d considered soup, but not sure I’d want to eat the same thing for several days. (Freezer space isn’t an option) some days I’ll do fruit, but mornings and food don’t go well with me, so thought something easy, simple I could change up with different dips might work.
Here's a recipe that wraps egg salad in nori for a breakfast wrap. Don't know if it fits your diet guidelines or not--or taste buds.

Yes, the new variant vaccine come out in the fall, but it was over six months since my last booster, so plan to get the 4th now (I have to wait 90 days after being sick) and then get the new one in the fall. I didn’t take the paxlovid because they knew a bad taste was a possible side effect and some found it so bad they were vomiting, and since that was already happening I didn’t want it to get worse (plus, I’d have to go off some of my meds) so did infusion instead 🤷🏻‍♀️. All I know is I don’t want to go through this again because I’m 59 days out and though much better, I’m still not well. Plus, being a cook and baker, I’ve only got about 30% of my taste back and it’s wonky/unreliable. All those people on tv they say oh I barely noticed getting it I want to go sit in a corner. At least now I can look a pictures of food without becoming nauseous, so adding things to my try files.

Charley2, that egg salad sounds good, but eggs still make my stomach revolt. I found some wraps at the store yesterday made out of cheese. They were horribly expensive, think $8, for i think six of them. However, I got them as an experiment. Going to try them with lunch meat for bread less sandwiches. Film at 11.

Back