It's so peaceful here, and so familiar.

ron_in_worcester

Still, I keep going back to the "old" Swap. There are still recipes and tips being shared, although the whole atmosphere is very different now. And I don't mean that in a complimentary way.

Thanks again to Mimi and Dan and everyone else responsible for the New Swap. I'll probably never stop checking Epi's board, but FinerKitchens.com has definitely become my foodie website of choice. No question about that.

Merry Christmas. Happy Chanukah. Happy Kwanzaa. Happy Solstice. Happy Festivus.

And if I've missed anyone's holiday, please forgive me. (Maybe that's why "Happy Holidays" works so well, and maybe it really isn't yet another culture war. Maybe?)

Ron, I'm with you on checking back at "The Site Formerly Known As Gail's"

I originally (1996) came there looking for baking help...and received it immediately with kindness and grace.

For years I continued to ask for advice and finally gained the confidence to add my own comments for other poster's ISOs. But in addition to the advice and 3 foot pile of printed recipes, Gail's gave me the opportunity to "meet" a wonderful group of people who share my love of cooking and baking.

Epicurious gave us ("gave" as in no cost whatsoever) a place to put our recipes, questions, culinary frustrations, celebratory joys--in other words, a place where the joy of cooking and laughter could be shared around the world.

New posters to epicurious will still come to the forum looking for advice. I hope there will always be someone willing to help them as I was helped so long ago. I know I'll continue to repay that debt.

But I've found a comfortable chair here at Finerkitchens--and I plan to visit for a long while.

Ron, I'm with you on checking back at "The Site Formerly Known As Gail's"

I originally (1996) came there looking for baking help...and received it immediately with kindness and grace.

For years I continued to ask for advice and finally gained the confidence to add my own comments for other poster's ISOs. But in addition to the advice and 3 foot pile of printed recipes, Gail's gave me the opportunity to "meet" a wonderful group of people who share my love of cooking and baking.

Epicurious gave us ("gave" as in no cost whatsoever) a place to put our recipes, questions, culinary frustrations, celebratory joys--in other words, a place where the joy of cooking and laughter could be shared around the world.

New posters to epicurious will still come to the forum looking for advice. I hope there will always be someone willing to help them as I was helped so long ago. I know I'll continue to repay that debt.

But I've found a comfortable chair here at Finerkitchens--and I plan to visit for a long while.

Well said Marilyn...while it's sad for us to have lost our place over there...

I can't help but think of the new folks coming in, sorta lost, needing help, advice, and the like. I know I'll always go check on the old swap, much like checking up on a child who has grown up and moved out of the house. I may not like what they're doing or how, but you still love 'em and are mindful to keep a warm heart and watchful eye out.

You got that right Ron! PEACEFUL!!!!!

I just can't believe how the old board went from being this wonderful sharing and caring place to such a horrible place full of attacks.

I do go back checking but it's getting less and less.

Back