Pork Tenderloin with Sage

mariadnoca

Pork Tenderloin with Sage

Serves 4

The great thing about this is it's so quick and easy you can make it for a week night dinner. I love this sauce! I hope you like it a much as we do. Note: Please don't overcook this! The trichinosis scare that made us all cook pork well done has been over for decades.

2 whole pork tenderloins

salt

fresh ground black pepper

1 c olive oil

1 juice of 1 lemon

2 t finely chopped fresh sage or 1 t dried (I use fresh)

1 c marsala wine

1 c chicken stock (I use home made, if using canned I'd use low salt)

4 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped

2 T butter

Place the pork in a non metallic container (I use a ziploc bag) with salt and pepper (to taste), olive oil, lemon juice, and chopped sage. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, turning after 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350:F. Place a large skillet (ovenproof, if possible) over medium-high heat. Remove tenderloins from marinate and sear in hot pan, turning frequently until browned all over. If the skillet is ovenproof, place it in oven and roast for 10-20 minutes. (If not, transfer to a roasting pan, but use skillet to make sauce.) When cooked, remove pork, set aside, and cover to keep warm.

Place skillet over high heat. When hot, add the marsala wine. Cook until steam evaporates. Add the chicken stock and fresh chopped sage leaves, scraping bits off bottom of pan. Cook over high heat until the sauce reduces by half or more. Turn off heat and stir in butter. Season with salt and pepper. Cut tenderloins into 1/2 inch thick strips on an angle. Arrange in a semicircle on plate and serve with sauce.

Back