Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins

miainmd

Raspberry Cream Cheese Muffins from the More from Magnolia cookbook by Allysa Torey

MUFFIN

1 3/4 cup all purpose flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

1 - 8oz package of cream cheese, softened

1 stick unsalted butter, softened

1 cup sugar

2 large eggs, room temp

1/4 cup milk

1/2 tsp vanilla

TOPPING

1/2 cup raspberry preserves

GARNISH Confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 9 large muffin cups. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, with the mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and beat well. Add dry ingredients in two parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them about half-full (recipe originally called for 2/3 full -- but mine really rose). Drop 3 small dollops (about a tsp. EACH) of raspberry preserves onto the top of each bun and using the tip of a very sharp knife, swirl the preserves into the batter, forming a decorative pattern. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cake tester comes out clean. Cool for 30 minutes and sprinkle with sugar.

** I also did these in mini-muffin pans, used less preserves, swirled and they came out adorable. The raspberry and cream cheese are yummy together!

Looks that way to me as well. So I thought it was a typo on the BP. When I looked up the recipe, they are called BUNS rather than muffins. Everything is the same so perhaps they really want to be larger.

BUN
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package (8 ounce size) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

TOPPING
1/2 cup raspberry preserves
confectioners' sugar
directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour large muffin cups.

In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth, about 3 minutes.

Add the eggs and beat well. Add the dry ingredients in two parts, alternating with the milk and vanilla.

Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them about two-thirds full. Drop 3 small dollops (about a teaspoonful each) of raspberry preserves onto the top of each bun and, using the tip of a sharp knife, swirl the preserves into the batter, forming a decorative pattern.

Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the bun comes out clean.

Allow the buns to cool for about 30 minutes before sprinkling with confectioners' sugar and serving.

Recipe Source: "More From Magnolia" by Allysa Torey, Photographs by Zeva Oelbaum

Back