This was...surprisingly okay. Palmini, faux linguini made from Hearts of Palm

marilynfl

I was in NC shopping and a very short woman was trying--and failing--to reach to the top shelf of canned vegetables So I stopped to help (as much as I can while shrinking myself) and we ended up chatting. Turns out she was on a no-gluten, low-carb diet and found this product: linguini made from Hearts of Palm. Total can is only 60 calories;

IMG_7053.jpg

This woman had dropped 26 pounds in 7 weeks...which is pretty amazing...and was currently using the Palmini as often as she could because she was still at the point where she wanted bulk amounts of foods. She rinsed it off to remove the canning taste and then used it mostly as a salad. I opted to use it as God and Mother Nature meant...as a pasta: I had chicken sausage sauce already made and topped off the rinsed palmini with a big dollop.

IMG_7052.jpg

It was very...okay and reminded me of the first time I made spaghetti squash. You know it's not pasta. Your mouth knows it's not pasta. But it's okay...for a non-pasta.

Also, I'm not spacey! So score one for Palmini

(it's also available as Angel Hair faux-pasta.)

Last edited:
I was in NC shopping and a very short woman was trying--and failing--to reach to the top shelf of canned vegetables So I stopped to help (as much as I can while shrinking myself) and we ended up chatting. Turns out she was on a no-gluten, low-carb diet and found this product: linguini made from Hearts of Palm. Total can is only 60 calories;

View attachment 53

This woman had dropped 26 pounds in 7 weeks...which is pretty amazing...and was currently using the Palmini as often as she could because she was still at the point where she wanted bulk amounts of foods. She rinsed it off to remove the canning taste and then used it mostly as a salad. I opted to use it as God and Mother Nature meant...as a pasta: I had chicken sausage sauce already made and topped off the rinsed palmini with a big dollop.

View attachment 54

It was very...okay and reminded me of the first time I made spaghetti squash. You know it's not pasta. Your mouth knows it's not pasta. But it's okay...for a non-pasta.

Also, I'm not spacey! So score one for Palmini

(it's also available as Angel Hair faux-pasta.)
Interesting--was this in the pasta section or canned vegetable section?

This gets good reviews on Amazon--and is of course terribly expensive to order there. It apparently was a Shark Tank entrant. Comes in all kinds of iterations--lasagna, rice, linguini, etc.

Interesting--was this in the pasta section or canned vegetable section?
Monj, at Ingles it was in the canned vegetable aisle, alongside the canned salad version of hearts of palm and artichokes.

In Walmart, I found it in their “gluten-free” section. (GF aisle varies in every Walmart I’ve been in).

It was $3.98 per can in both stores.

I’ve only seen it as linguini or Angel hair pasta versions.

Back