1 Minute Sugar-Free Chocolate Mug Cake - Diabetic

marsha-tbay

1 Minute Sugar-Free Chocolate Mug Cake {Low Carb, Dairy & Gluten Free}

May 17, 2017 by Brenda 116 Comments

This Low Carb, Sugar-Free Chocolate Cake is amazing! Made in a minute or in your oven if you prefer! It’s sugar free, low carb, dairy free and gluten free doesn’t get much better than this folks!

1min chocolate cake1 (1 of 1)

Report this ad

Do you ever have a time when only chocolate cake will do? Rather than make an entire cake you can simply make one serving, because sometimes that’s all we have time for anyway right?

This recipe has been one of my most popular recipes since I first posted it back in May of 2014. I felt it deserved a front row seat this month and I added an easy video below for you!

I’m a chocolate lover all the way! I love simple recipes that curb that craving. Besides this beauty, my favorite chocolate recipes are: Chocolate Peanut Butter Easter Eggs, Chocolate Ganache Filled Cupcakes, Chocolate Fudge Protein Bars, and this easy Homemade Magic Shell!

1min chocolate cake2 (1 of 1)

Report this ad

This chocolate cake made in a single serving is just enough to curb that chocolate craving and with super simple ingredients you probably have on hand you can make it whenever you want. You can also enjoy it often as it’s high in fiber and protein, sugar free and low in carbs!

You can certainly just eat it right in the dish you make it in, but for picture purposes I popped mine out after it cooled slightly. I did spray my dish with nonstick cooking spray before pouring in the batter just in case, but if you are eating it right in the dish no need for that.

1min chocolate cake3 (1 of 1)

Microwaves will vary so you may need another 20-30 seconds to make sure it cooked through, just check with a toothpick, if it comes out clean you’re good to go. You could also make this in an oven if you prefer, although I haven’t tried it I would guess 350 degrees for 10-15minutes until it rises and a toothpick in center comes out clean.

Report this ad

1min chocolate cake4 (1 of 1)

Report this ad

I’m really in love with how moist and truly chocolaty this came out. I adapted from some of my mug muffin recipes and kept out the coconut flour I used in those recipes to make this more dense and unlike a muffin texture. I’m super happy with the results and I hope you’ll try it and come back and share how you liked it, I love reading comments like that!

1min chocolate cake5 (1 of 1)

You might like some of my other Mug Cakes, like this Cannoli Mug Cake or Peanut Butter Mug Cake or this Red Velvet Mug Cake for 2!

Report this ad

Brenda’s Notes:

Nutrition info includes chocolate syrup but not whipped cream.

You can use any sweetener of choice, you know mine is stevia but anything you like will work. If you don’t have chocolate stevia, you can use vanilla or plain or even powdered. I would use only 1/4 teaspoon if it’s the pure extract or 1 packet if that’s all you have.

A full dropper of stevia yields about 1/8 of a teaspoon, sometimes I can get 1/4 teaspoon but never more than that. So if you don’t have a dropper in your liquid stevia, measure out 1/4 teaspoon, depending on your brand that may not be sweet enough for you. You may need 1/2-1 teaspoon if you like really sweet cakes.

As far as the chocolate syrup, you could just add a little liquid stevia then taste it and adjust.

UPDATE: I’ve swapped the ground flaxseed with the same amount of almond flour and it came out just as good.

1 Minute Sugar-Free Chocolate Mug Cake

Author: Brenda Bennett | Sugar-Free Mom

Nutrition Information

Serves: 1

Serving size: 1

Calories: 230

Fat: 17.6g

Saturated fat: 8.7g

Carbohydrates: 13.3g

Sugar: .4g

Sodium: 89mg

Fiber: 8.8g

Protein: 11.9g

Cholesterol: 180mg

Prep time: 1 min

Cook time: 1 min

Total time: 2 mins

Print

Ingredients

Report this ad

Chocolate Cake

1 egg

2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk

1/2 teaspoon liquid chocolate steviaor sweetener of choice

1 tablespoon ground flaxseed or almond meal

2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

1/4 teaspoon baking powder

dash salt

Chocolate syrup

1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder

1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, melted

1 tablespoon water

1/4-1/2 tsp liquid chocolate stevia

Top with whipped cream or dairy free whipped cream!