ISO: A second ISO for Olga- where are you? I miss your recipes!

In Search Of:
Someone at the other board said something mean. She is very welcome to post here!

I love her recipes.

(subject edited)

I miss Olga too. Saw the nasty remarks too. Did you notice the

20 recipes posted by you know who, in rapid succession? She needs to get a life, poor thing. I can alway recognize her posting here no matter what name she uses. Her personality shines thru.

Judging from Olga's classy reply in EPI (dated Jan.15th I dont think she's left us - at least I hope not.

I don't think that poster meant any harm. I think she was just a making a suggestion to be helpful,

but that is one of the draw backs to an "electronic/virtual" community. It's so easy to misinterpret comments when you can't see a face or hear an intonation. I hope Olga knows that she is always welcome.

Missing you, Olga. Please don't let someone who's having a rotten day...

make you feel bad. Sometimes people say hurtful things because hurtful things have been drilled into them.

It doesn't excuse their behavior, but it does help explain it.

Don't let the turkeys get you down, Olga. You're a great asset to our little community. Please come back.

Ron, this person is not having a rotten day>>>>

They have a rotten personality.
I have gone back to read Olga's posts over at EPI and the snide remarks and inuedos by a certain someone are apalling.
There is no good reason to ever be so cruel to someone who never did anything to deserve it.
I am refering especially to a post on the 6th of Jan. Where Olga was asked if she had any tweaks, or was this " Just copied?" You know that was intended to be rude.
Not nice.

My best to you Ron,
marg

Ease off. I'm the mean person....M

Go read the thread for yourselves and see if it came out all that badly.

I was hoping for T&Ts and comments on recipes -- just what we have going here. Yes, I was put off by chains of recipes without comment. They're not fun for me like this site is.
--Anna_X

You didn't name any names Anna. I'm referring to the person who did! I regret saying anything :eek:(

Lesson learned. Me of all people to start something unpleasant like this. And what goes on on the other board should not be my concern. Apologies!

Anna, your post at epi was not impolite. I was part of that discussion >>

and though I disagreed with you I hope my post didn't sound preachy. (Some of the ensuing posts seemed deliberately snide).

It's so easy to misinterpret the tone of something without facial expression, tone of voice, etc. I don't like to use smiley faces myself, and even these can be interpreted sarcastically.

Mimi has set the tone here for a positive environment where folks can give each other the benefit of the doubt. No so at epi.

Hello I am still here >>

Thank you kind friends. I have been taking care of my mother who is 83 so I have not been able to post. She spent 1 1/2 months in the hospital for colon surgery, then she had a blood clot in her leg and then she had a angioplasty done to her heart.

She was recovering at my house for 1 month and now she is back home not far from me and is doing well.

I will continue to post and Thank you all again for your kind thoughts.

So glad to hear your mother is on the mend. What an ordeal she has gone through.

And it's nice to see that you're able to get back to working on your quest for new & interesting recipes. I've just been checking out your Walnut or Hazelnut Torte. It looks great, but I have to admit that tortes intimidate me!

Back