A very strange rice dish that I can't stop eating: YiaYia's Special Occasion Rice Mix

marilynfl

So I grew up where the only rice used was River Brand parboiled rice for stuffed cabbage. That's it. We never had rice any other time.
But on this trip home, I visited a new meat market and off to the side were dried soup and rice mixes from Evelyn's Elegant Edibles. I have no clue why I picked this one, but made it stove top with half a pound of ground beef from these butchers and replaced some of the water with chicken broth. Oh, I also added 2 TBL of butter since I wasn't using as much meat.
I'm pretty sure one of the spices is cinnamon and the dried tomato powder is definitely evident.

Honestly, I can't stop eating this stuff. Lately, I've been having it with 2 poached eggs for breakfast! Me! Having rice for breakfast.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 6.55.11 PM.jpg

Last edited:
So I grew up where the only rice used was River Brand parboiled rice for stuffed cabbage. That's it. We never had rice any other time.
But on this trip home, I visited a new meat market and off to the side were dried soup and rice mixes from Evelyn's Elegant Edibles. I have no clue why I picked this one, but made it stove top with half a pound of ground beef from these butchers and replaced some of the water with chicken broth. Oh, I also added 2 TBL of butter since I wasn't using as much meat.
I'm pretty sure one of the spices is cinnamon and the dried tomato powder is definitely evident.

Honestly, I can't stop eating this stuff. Lately, I've been having it with 2 poached eggs for breakfast! Me! Having rice for breakfast.

View attachment 2661

Wow, that sounds delicious!

Back