A very strange thing just happened to me over on the Epi board...

dawn_mo

I logged in as Dawn_MO and saw a message from Yama D asking me to check my messages. I did, and he was asking how to get to this board. I private messaged him back, but I do not know if it got through to him. I tried to post a response to his message, but my reply does not show up, however, it did bump the message up to the top, but there are no replies for his message. I also bumped Dawn NYS message back to the top. I tried to post a recipe, they did not show up. I erased all my cookies and temp files, ran spybot and lavasoft to find any cookies, erased them. Registered under a new name, and tried to post recipes, it would not let me. Are they blocking my IP address, or are they just having a glitch. Anyway if someone could private message Yama D or leave him a message, I would appreciate it. I can access the rest of the site and it seems like my messages should go through, but they just do not appear. Is anyone else having this happen to them? Thanks. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Epi

Hi Dawn.. It seems that everyone is having some sort of problem>>>

with Epi. Maybe they blocked all of us who went AWOL on them. smileys/surprise.gif

I notice that the "bumping" is all out of whack. Posts with 0 responses>

are jumping to the top. Other responses appear inside but aren't shown on the main page as the latest one. I'll try to respond to Yama D.s post on your behalf.

Marg, I don't think they're competent enough over there to single us out for punishment!

Sorry, Marg. Hee hee, I can just picture those bigwigs at Conde Nast

hovered over their monitors saying "She's one of the troublemakers! GET 'ER!"

I tried to post a reply to Yama D but it didn't post, just bumbed.

Hee hee.. yeah that would be something to see! I also posted to Yama and it did>>>

the same thing, no post, just a bump to the top.
Can we be sure it's not some kind of cloak and dagger thing??? smileys/wink.gif

Dawn, I sent Yama_D a PM on your behalf and also tried to post a message...

It says the PM was delivered but the post has not appeared on the board. On January 18th I noticed some(new)oddities occurring there. For instance, if you look at DawnNYS' post, from the main page, you will see goatsucker showing up as the last person having posted, when the last post that was accepted was a correction to the original post by Dawn herself (see timestamp).

Anyway, EPI's problems aside...

Thanks you so much for recommending the Avant browser! It provides a lot of user control when browsing and helps soooooo much in keeping the "junk" (none from this site!) off the pages and off my PC.

I noticed that, at first, I was unable to get a response from EPI's "post new message" button. When I adjusted some of my Avant settings I was able to post the message (although where it is now is anyone's guess).

Just something for you to consider if you are using Avant.

Ruth

Hi RuthAB...I am glad you like it, I really like it also...

I haven't had any problems on any other sites, so I have a feeling it is Epi, at least I hope it is. It does block a lot of cookies, so I hope that isn't interferring. I will find out soon enough. I just haven't had any problems with it before. Thanks!

He he, Maybe the 17-year-olds they hired to re-vamp the site >>

at minimum wage have all gone off to college, and the disinterested accountants who make all the creative decisions for Conde Nast have had their budgets cut? Maybe the cut-rate company they bought the cheap software from is out of business?

Maybe I need to talk to a psychologist about all this residual hostility?? Even after we have this wonderful new FK site to enjoy???

(Nah, I just HATE IT when ignorant arrogant corporate suits ruin a good thing. I'll stay good and mad as long as I want, while still enjoying the new FK Swap.)

Back