After Thanksgiving Meals

earnie

Anyone else tired of turkey and all the sides? What are you cooking? What are your taste buds screaming for? What new culinary delight are you anxious to explore?

Anyone else tired of turkey and all the sides? What are you cooking? What are your taste buds screaming for? What new culinary delight are you anxious to explore?
In my house leftovers don't last long. We had turkey salad and I was planning to freeze my turkey carcass for later use but myself and two sons woke up sick with a head cold, Friday. So I made turkey bone broth. But actually I've been craving Chinese or maybe Thai. I was looking at a gadget for making potstickers and they opened a huge Asian market nearby so I'm going to be checking that out this week.

We also didn't have much leftover that wasn't just sandwiches--and DS's love of my gravy and turkey. We were at the beach so didn't even try to make turkey broth as I usually do.
AND we also have one of the huge Asian markets on tap here that hasn't been able to open because of getting enough employees. But they hope to in the next little while. Can't wait. Has a huge "food court".

Turkey broth is happening today along with turnip greens, potato biscuits (new recipe), and white chocolate cranberry bars for the poker crowd. But I'm craving something light, crisp and refreshing. Not sure what yet.

Turkey broth is happening today along with turnip greens, potato biscuits (new recipe), and white chocolate cranberry bars for the poker crowd. But I'm craving something light, crisp and refreshing. Not sure what yet.
If you want to give yourself a break and eat out, my daughters love this chain called Cava and they seem to be popping up everywhere. They've brought it home for me a couple of times and the food seems to fit your description. If not maybe some inspiration from their menu:

last night my wife made me a tea from just fresh ginger and honey. Definitely refreshing and I love the crisp bite of fresh ginger. A quick, light/crisp favorite of mine is fresh cucumber in sushi vinegar. I also make salad vinaigrette using sushi vinegar and this is a light option.

If you want to give yourself a break and eat out, my daughters love this chain called Cava and they seem to be popping up everywhere. They've brought it home for me a couple of times and the food seems to fit your description. If not maybe some inspiration from their menu:

last night my wife made me a tea from just fresh ginger and honey. Definitely refreshing and I love the crisp bite of fresh ginger. A quick, light/crisp favorite of mine is fresh cucumber in sushi vinegar. I also make salad vinaigrette using sushi vinegar and this is a light option.

Thanks Paul. I will definitely give CAVA a try at some point. There is one 70 miles away in a nice little shopping area.

In our house (as opposed to my in laws) the whole reason to make a turkey at thanksgiving is so you can make turkey enchiladas the next day. Now that was the good meal.

I used to make turkey croquettes, using a white sauce spiked with curry powder, canned mushrooms, all dredged in bread crumbs and fried.

Back