An old favorite from Wigs: Sour Cream Cranberry cake

marilynfl

I was making this as a donation for the homeless shelter, so I baked it in 13x9" pan and sprinkled the brown sugar/pecan/cinnamon mixture on top, rather than in the middle. It only took 45 minutes to bake (oh, I lined the pan with parchment since I knew I'd be lifting it out to cut it.)

I'm beginning to realize my favorite cakes have a strong sour cream base to them.

Marilyn, here are 2 more coffeecakes with sour cream in them that I love. They are both in the archives. ==>

1. From Sandi in Hawaii--Blueberry and Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake .
  2. My mom (Elaine Wiggins) always made this one -- [I]Sour[/I] [I]Cfeam[/I] Coffee Cake. She put dried orange peel spice in this, but I find it much better with freshly zested orange peel, and I believe I noted this when I first posted her recipe. It was always such a treat to enjoy a slice of this freshly baked either with or without the glaze on it--lots of times she just sprinkled sifted powdered sugar over it instead of drizzling the cake with glaze.
The above 2 recipes plus lots more delicious sounding coffeecake recipes are in this old "favorites" post==>

Back