Any T&T garlic scape pesto recipes out there?

barbara-in-va

I have a small crop of garlic and they are just beginning to form the scapes. I am hoping for an excellent pesto recipe to feature them in! I have tried several off the internet and have not been overwhelmed by any of them. Of course, I have no clue which ones I tried, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

barb, this is the pesto recipe I use (and love) but I'm not a great fan of garlic (it does weird things to my tongue) so I always cut back on that.
But I like his proportions. And he's a winner!

Hint: CathyZ suggested leaving the cheese out if you plan on freezing the pesto and then adding it fresh when using it. I do that for the portions I plan on freezing and use little plastic jewelry bags with just enough for one use.

I have a small crop of garlic and they are just beginning to form the scapes. I am hoping for an excellent pesto recipe to feature them in! I have tried several off the internet and have not been overwhelmed by any of them. Of course, I have no clue which ones I tried, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Those garlic scapes are very tough. I use my Vitamix or food processor to grind them up, then add walnuts and cheese, blend up further, then trickle olive oil in. I do the same as Cathy and Marilyn, not adding cheese if freezing. I also use garlic scapes in my tomato gazpacho. The picked scapes last in the refrigerator for weeks.

Here's one I have made and liked. I didn't make the pasta salad part though.
thank you Judy, there are more scapes in my fridge so I will give this one a try! My scapes seem pretty potent, is that normal? Today the pesto I made yesterday seems a little more tame. Do you find this also to be true?

Ha…I had to look up “garlic scrapes” after reading these comments. Had NO CLUE that’s what you were asking about. I thought it was the crushed part of the clove when you put them through a press.

What an idiot.

Ha…I had to look up “garlic scrapes” after reading these comments. Had NO CLUE that’s what you were asking about. I thought it was the crushed part of the clove when you put them through a press.

What an idiot.
No an idiot! They are a somewhat recent discovery here too. Found them at the farmers mkt one day. Now I grow a couple dozen garlics in my tiny spot of sun that I get in my yard so I get a few of my very own!!

Back