Anyone have a T&T recipe for Chermoula?

Okay I found it. As I recall, there was nothing wrong with the recipe

but I don't like fish and tomatoes together (except bouillabaisse) and especially when potatoes are added . So my notes indicate that I didn't like the sauce. That makes it T&T but not T&T&G.

Why did I make this if I knew I didn't like fish plus potatoes and tomaotes! That actually is a question and I think the answer is in the other version at the bottom, that I have not made....I should have put mint into it.

Haddock in Charmoula Sauce Gourmet | April 2001

Charmoula is a Moroccan fish marinade traditionally made with tomatoes, lemon, paprika, garlic, cumin, and cilantro. Makes 6 servings

For fish and vegetables
1 lb medium red boiling potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 green or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips
2 medium tomatoes, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
3 lb haddock or cod fillets, skinned and cut into 6 pieces
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

For charmoula sauce
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons sweet paprika
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 cup olive oil

Prepare fish and vegetables: Preheat oven to 425°F. Prick each potato once with a fork, then rub potatoes with 1/2 tablespoon oil.

Roast on a baking sheet in middle of oven until just tender, about 25 minutes. Cool to room temperature and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Leave oven on.
Heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté bell peppers, stirring, until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes.

Spread potato slices evenly in an oiled 13- by 9- by 2-inch glass baking dish and season with salt and pepper.

Top with peppers, then tomatoes and fish, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper. Sprinkle fish with lemon juice.

Make charmoula sauce:
Purée all sauce ingredients except oil in a food processor or blender. With motor running, add oil in a slow stream.

Bake fish and vegetables: Pour sauce evenly over fish and bake in middle of oven until fish is just cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.

This one with mint in it looks much more inviting:
Charmoula

1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1 1/2 cups (lightly packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
1/2 cup (lightly packed) fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup (lightly packed) fresh cilantro leaves
2 large garlic cloves
1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika (pimentón dulce)* or sweet Hungarian paprika
1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Roasted-Lamb-Chops-with-Charmoula-and-Skillet-Asparagus-237904#ixzz2VYUp7UwN

Marg thanks...

I've never made it and I've been looking for a recipe but noted that there are red and green versions of it. I just thought I'd ask here if someone had a favorite version before I tried it. Thanks!

If you're not a fan of the traditional fish, potatoes, and tomato combo in this Moroccan recipe, you might want to try adding mint to the charmoula sauce for a fresh twist. Moroccan recipes often allow for variations, and mint could be a great way to balance the flavors to your liking. Plus, experimenting with different herbs can make the dish more enjoyable for you!
harissa.jpg

Yes, posted one years ago:

For charmoula sauce
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons sweet paprika
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 cup olive oil

Purée all sauce ingredients except oil in a food processor or blender.

With motor running, add oil in a slow stream.

This one is my favorite:

REC: Moroccan Eggplant with Chermoula

Paula Wolfert ‘The Food of Morocco’

Charmoula

1 large garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon Moroccan paprika
pinch of cayenne
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
kosher salt to taste
(I added 2 chopped anchovies and no salt)

Place all of the ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together, then set aside for at least a half an hour to give the sauce some time for the flavors to mellow and meld together. Mix again just before adding it to the eggplant.

For the eggplants, slice two medium eggplants, spread out each slice separately on a cutting board, then sprinkle a bit of kosher salt on top of each and set aside for about 10 minutes. This method enables the eggplants to sweat and helps remove some of the bitter juices. Dry each slice with a paper towel before turning and applying the same technique to the other side.

Wolfert calls for a two-step process in her book to prevent the eggplants from acting as a sponge and absorbing an excess amount of olive oil. There are several options to preparing the eggplants for you to consider. The first is frying, which as noted, will drench the eggplants in oil. Another is to lightly coat or brush them with olive oil to crisp up in a hot 425 degree oven, then finish frying them on the stovetop; the baking-then-frying method enables you to use a lot less oil. Another option is to simply heat the eggplants (that were first roasted in the oven) in a dry frying pan (just before serving) no additional olive oil required. Yet another method is to heat the eggplants in a GreenPan roasting dish; vegetables don’t usually stick to this material and can be roasted dry. Lastly, there’s always the option to prepare the eggplants on the grill.
Frying or roasting with the added olive will result in a crispier dish, but I found that I don’t miss the extra oil once the eggplants are smothered with the sauce. It’s a matter of preference. Whichever route you choose, place your roasted eggplants on a serving dish, then smother them with the charmoula marinade. The dish can be served warm or room temperature; garnish with extra herbs once plated and enjoy!

Back