Bagel Happiness without the Spaciness

marilynfl

I finally tried a trick that I'd seen years ago: scrape out the doughy center of the bagel for less carbs. It was on the Gilmore Girls show and Lorelai asks Lane Kim at the diner if she had scooped out the bagel innards? Lane said yes. Then Lorelai said: Did you put them back on the plate with the bagel? Lane said yes. End scene.

But then I read about filling the missing space with veggies or eggs and that seemed even better, especially since I'll never look like Lauren Graham, with or without bagel innards. So here is my semi-guilt-free bagel...san spaciness.

Contestant Number 1 is the top half of an Einstein asiago bagel, guts scooped out, toasted, 1 TBL light whipped cream cream, Persian cucumber, tomatoes and Dukha.

Contestant Number 2 is the bottom half of said bagel, guts scooped out, toasted, guacamole, hard-boiled egg, 1 TBL bacon bits, sesame seeds, S & P.

IMG_6934.jpeg

IMG_6935.jpeg

Last edited:
I finally tried a trick that I'd seen years ago: scrape out the doughy center of the bagel for less carbs. It was on the Gilmore Girls show and Lorelai asks Lane Kim at the diner if she had scooped out the bagel innards? Lane said yes. Then Lorelai said: Did you put them back on the plate with the bagel? Lane said yes. End scene.

But then I read about filling the missing space with veggies or eggs and that seemed even better, especially since I'll never look like Lauren Graham, with or without bagel innards. So here is my semi-guilt-free bagel...san spaciness.

Contestant Number 1 is the top half of an Einstein asiago bagel, guts scooped out, toasted, 1 TBL light whipped cream cream, Persian cucumber, tomatoes and Dukha.

Contestant Number 2 is the bottom half of said bagel, guts scooped out, toasted, guacamole, hard-boiled egg, 1 TBL bacon bits, sesame seeds, S & P.

View attachment 43

View attachment 44

Watching Bobby Flay when he makes any sandwich he hollows out the bread to make the bread to filling ration more appealing and although I am not a big bagel fan this might make me like a bagel, cream cheese and salmon better.
My new favorite breakfast treat is avocado toast on a good grainy wheat bread toast. And avocado on a BLT which makes it a BLAT--that would be good on your bagel!!

Back