Baked scallops with cream . . . stupidly simple, but looks wonderful!

mariadnoca

Rec: Baked scallops with cream . . . stupidly simple, but looks wonderful! 7/10 ---> Yep, another gem from my beloved pillsbury crescent cookbook (while I have it sitting at the office). Better-half made this for me on

our first dinner date and wowed me with his fabulous cooking skills--I think I kept him as a result of this dish!

Baked Scallops with Cream

Ingredients:

2 cups thinly sliced zuchini

3/4 cup juliened carrots (matchstick size)

2 tablespoons butter

1/4 cup flour

2/3 cup whipping cream

1 lb scallops (rinsed & drained on paper

towels)

3 tablespoons grated parmesan

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp white pepper

2 tbsp dry white wine

4 oz can of crescent rolls

1 egg white (beaten with fork)

3 more tbsp grated parmesan

Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large skillet saute zuchini & carrots in butter until crisp/tender (about 3-4 minutes). Sprinkle flour over vegetables and toss to coat, cook one minute over medium heat. Add whipping cream, cook one minute, stirring constantly. Mixture will be thick. Add scallops, 3 tbsps of parmesan, salt & pepper. Cook over medium until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat as soon as mixture begins to boil, stir in wine. Spoon mixture into an ungreased quiche or pie pan.

Remove dough from can in rolled section--DO NOT UNROLL! With a very sharp knife cut the roll into 6 even slices, then cut each round crosswise in half. Arrange semi-circles of dough standing up around the edge of pan round side up/ cut side down--giving you a "scalloped" edge. Brush dough with beaten egg white and sprinkle with remaining

parmesan.

Bake at 375 for 20 to 30 minutes or until crescents are deep golden brown and mixture

is bubbling. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.

Garnish is optional of course. A fresh sprig

of thyme always looks nice, (lemon thyme would be a nice addition).

Makes 4-6 servings, but I usually double the mixture and bake in a larger casserole dish so that I have plenty of leftovers!

Enjoy!

Responses

1. Every time I see a reference to this recipe, I just have to say . . . IT IS INCREDIBLY YUMMY!! One of my faves! (nt) (e. in SF)

Back