Before it melts, here’s the finished cake

Here is after 4 hrs at room temp, inside the house, then cut. 5 seconds after those cuts they turned into dominoes, but it was edible. My niece stole a flower in the last photo and everyone deemed it good. This was my nephew’s first attempt hosting a family gathering (there’s a lot of us) and it was a perfect day with amazing food.

i finally achieved decent smooth sides after digging out my husband’s old drywall tools (and cleaning them within an inch of their lives obviously), but it worked much better than my bench scraper.

Last edited:
Clearly worth all the effort, even if just for a moment.
I think it would’ve held up if she hadn’t cut half the cake all at once, but it was a good test for me just realize when SMB can become unstable. I always feel if I learn some things, It’s a win.

Well, I’ve just been asked to make another one in a week and a half for my soon to be niece in law’s bridal shower. So, they might’ve really liked it! [She said in her best Sally Field acceptance speech voice. 😁]

Here is after 4 hrs at room temp, inside the house, then cut. 5 seconds after those cuts they turned into dominoes, but it was edible. My niece stole a flower in the last photo and everyone deemed it good. This was my nephew’s first attempt hosting a family gathering (there’s a lot of us) and it was a perfect day with amazing food.

i finally achieved decent smooth sides after digging out my husband’s old drywall tools (and cleaning them within an inch of their lives obviously), but it worked much better than my bench scraper.
That looks amazing! Good job! 🤓

Back