Bugger all...another recipe I can't duplicate: Lemon Curd Ice cream

marilynfl

Several months ago (March?) I made up a large batch of Richard's Key Lime Dip. Since I found neither hide nor hair of key limes in North Carolina, I used lemons & limes and made 2 quarts, one of which I used for the wedding tarts, topped off with my lemon curd (Vitamix version). The other quart of dip and pint of lemon curd have been sitting in my freezer since then. It is now August and my visiting sister left behind a quart of heavy cream and a pint of half & half. To clear out the refrigerator I made up batches of peach ice cream but still had more dairy than I needed. So I defrosted and mixed some of the dip and curd, dumped in the leftover whipped cream from the picnic, processed 3 egg yolks in the half & half until they hit 160 degrees and whisked it together. I was shooting for less than a quart because while my Cuisinart ice cream maker supposedly makes 1.5 quarts, churning 3 cups of base had the ice cream topping the dasher.

Anyway, I just tasted it after letting it cure for a day. Holey Moley. All I can think is how phenomenal it will taste on warm blueberry pie next week.

Of course, I have absolutely no way to duplicate the recipe since I winged both the dip and the curd recipes until they hit my personal sweet spot and added heavy cream and half & half for the base without really measuring anything.

Figures it would turn out to be something I'd like to make again.

IMG_0278.jpg

Last edited:
It even looks so delicious. KInda hard to take at 5 AM, for me. And I have a batch of blueberry tarts waiting for it. My husband used to insist that I write things down as I was creating, then bought me a book to do so. I still have it, don't use it, but should.

Zounds, that looks good--and it's only 8:10 am here, but I'm an ice cream lover. Fantastic way to use up leftover heavy cream and half & half and right up my alley!

Back