Curious...regarding your chipotle shrimp: I'm wondering (curious) about the fire-roasted tomatoes &

Marg CDN

how much of a flavour difference they will make. I do them on the BBQ and this is not the season, neither for tomatoes nor for standing around outside. BUT, it has been several years, and I cannot recall how much difference there is to know if a canned version would be worth going to look for.

I trust that I can find some somewhere but the shrimp are athawing and perhaps I should just wait until I get the fire-roasted tomatoes and get on with another recipe for the shrimp.

Thanks for sharing the recipe. Loved your 'mistake'. Creative mistaking is fun and usually leads me to think along new paths.

The only brand I know of is the Muir Glen, they tasted a little bit smoky,

the bits of skin still on them was black. One reason the recipe appealed to me was I had them and wanted a way to use them. I honestly don't think it would make a difference if you used regular canned tomatooes because the chipotles are so smoky they probably mask the smoked taste in the tomatoes anyway.

The Baked Chipotle Shrimp that Val posted looks really good, and doesn't take tomatoes. I want to try it next time.

You can fire roast tomatoes on your gas stove as well...

Just turn on a flae high enough to surround the tomato, skewer it on a long kitchen fork and off you go... fire roasted tomatoes!

Back