Did anyone know how to make spring rolls wrappers, no spring rolls here (NT)

I think you are really out of luck there.

If you are talking about fried wrappers then won ton wrappers may be useful. If the unfried "summer rolls", it takes rice paper wrappers.
BUT, there are recipes. I'll try to find them. Mpt easy stuff.
Look here
thttp://www.recipezaar.com/151593

I do know someone who does, but sure don't know why. REC: Spring Roll Wrappers

There are lots available around here. Hers are very very thin. This is from All REcipes but not her recipe.

I think we should get someone to open a good market in your neighbourhood.

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 cup bread flour
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 tablespoon cold water

DIRECTIONS:

1. Sift bread flour into a medium bowl and make a well in the center. Place egg and cold water in well. Beat with a wooden spoon until a smooth dough has formed. Use more water as necessary. Knead until elastic and pliable. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 4 hours, or overnight.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into an approximately 14x14 inch square. Cut into 12 equal squares. Roll each square into a very thin 6x6 inch square. Refrigerate until use.

Allrecipes

I'm thinking a pasta roller (Atlas?) would come in real...

...handy here.

Spring roll wrappers are sooooo thin you can practically read the newspaper through them. I think any made with a rolling pin would be too thick.

Even if your pasta machine didn't roll the dough thin enough, maybe you could finish rolling with a rolling pin.

Just a thought.

Michael

Yes Michael- my Atlas has rolled out good spring roll wrappers- good call

I use my trusty Atlas for so many things- spring roll wrappers to flat breads- Lavosh in particular. Even strudel dough in strips.

Like almost everything else, homemade egg wrappers are far superior in taste to store bought. I can go to the store and find three different brands of them at any given time but would rather make them homemade.

Somewhere I have a recipe for Lumpia wrappers...

and they're "painted" on the griddle with a 3 inch wide paintbrush dipped in a batter and cooked very lightly. I'll hunt for it!

Back