do you have a favorite fruit glaze?

barbara-in-va

Reading several recipes here for fruit glaze. I see everything from melting apricot jam to cooking juice with cornstarch. What have you successfully used? Tomorrow I want to try to recreate this recipe and the fruit is definitely glazed but I find no mention of how to do it. I am hoping that melting apricot jam (then straining it) will be just what I want--sounds almost too easy, LOL!!!

I prefer red currant jelly. No straining, a bit of tartness and usually a compatible flavour. I have used apricot jam but I don't find that it strains easily even though it does need straining. And there really isn't the tang that I like from red currant. But I find apricot jam helpful if it is a cake surface that I am covering as it does not absorb so easily.

I don't have a recipe but the apricot jam is one that I remember is used a lot.
Thank you Deb!! I think I am going to try it but with strawberry jam to give it a little red color. fingers crossed it will work!! I usually practice any recipe before serving it to others but I ran out of time and did not get a chance to do so this time.

Back