Does anyone have any experience with the grill pans that can be used indoors? (m)

barb_b

Can I use them on a flat top, electric stove? I have seen a few fun recipes that were using them (Including Pat's recipe above for scallops)...I have been tempted to purchase one, but have been reluctant because of my glass top electric stove...

Thoughts?

TIA,

Regards,

Barb

Hi barb...

I bought the Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick 11-Inch Square Grill Pan when it was on sale for 29.99 on Amazon's Friday Sale, and I just love it. One of the things I really like about it is that the pan is deep enough to deglaze easily if I so desire without spilling. I am using it on a flat top electric stovetop and it works great for me. I use it for meats and veggies with equal success. Here is the link to Amazon, but it is 10.00 more than I paid for it.
P.S. I am glad you liked the Balsamic Chicken recipe. I just love that one. I may have to make it this week, it has been too long!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009W7E94/qid=1139408154/ref=cl_tr_br_cl/002-1596708-3639265?n=573830&s=kitchen&v=glance

Since Dawn said she could use one on her flat top stove, I recommend my double burner

All-Clad LTD Nonstick Grande Grille Pan. It’s a great indoor grill that really holds the heat and leaves nice grill marks on your food. The only limitation is grilling uneven cuts of meat/poultry such as chicken drumsticks or legs, etc. that would take a long time to cook. I have a gas stove so I just have to make sure that the burner flames are evenly set. I bought the grill at Williams-Sonoma last year for $99. The saleswoman said it’s important to get the grill really hot before placing food on it, and then you can lower the heat. It also comes with a set of 6 stainless steel skewers. It’s a cinch to clean. I let it soak in my sink for a while and then I drain it and wipe off grease with a paper towel before cleaning with my nylon Doobie.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005AL8W/ref=pd_sxp_elt_l1/102-6710541-1116135?n=284507

Thanks everyone! This is now my request for V-Day! (Sorry Marilyn., not a huge fan of chocolate!)

Thanks Mimi! They were the first place I looked to do some research! I did a search under Grill.

Great selection!!!

Back