Does anyone have the recipe for the Lime-Sour Cream Pie? (m)

misplaced-in-az

I went to the favorite recipes and under pies this was listed, but when I clicked on it, there was no recipe. I believe ist was posted by CYN.

TIA for your help.

Could this be it ??

Lime Sour Cream Pie
Pyewacket Restaurant - Chapel Hill, NC
Gourmet December 1990

For the crust:
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 11 crackers)
1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted

For the filling:
1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated lime zest
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 cup half-and-half
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
5 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 cup sour cream

Sweetened whipped cream for garnish
Lime slices for garnish

Make the crust: In a bowl stir together the graham cracker crumbs and the butter and press the mixture onto the bottom and up the side of an 8-inch pie plate (1-quart capacity). Bake the crust in the middle of a preheated 350ºF. oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until it is just crisp, and let it cool.
Make the filling: In a metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water whisk together the zest, lime juice, half-and-half, sugar, butter, and cornstarch, and cook the mixture, whisking, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until it is thickened and opaque. Let the mixture cool completely. Fold in the sour cream, pour the filling into the crust and chill the pie, covered, for 1 hour, or until it is cold. Garnish the pie with the whipped cream and the lime slices.

Dahia, I really have no idea, as I was just scrolling and looking ,(m)

saw the post and wanted to try it. This recipe looks intresting, so I will give it a try. I think there has been a problem with recipes not posting under the Favorites heading. If there is, I'm sure the problem will be fixed soon.
Thanks for posting recipe.

Lime Sour Cream Pie (from Cyndi)

Lime-Sour Cream Pie

1 baked 9-inch pie shell
3/4 c. sugar
3 T. cornstarch
freshly grated peel of 2 lg. limes
(2 1/2 tsp.)
1/3 c. fresh lime juice
1 c. half and half
1/4 c. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter,
room temperature
1 c. sour cream

1 c. whipping cream
1-2 T. confectioner's sugar

Combine 3/4 c. sugar with cornstarch and lime peel in medium saucepan and mix well. Add lime juice and stir until smooth; blend in half and half and butter. Place over medium heat and stir until mixture thickens and starts to boil, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool, stirring occasionally. Fold in sour cream. Turn mixture into shell. Refrigerate until set.

Combine whipping cream and 1-2 T. sugar in medium bowl, and whip to soft peaks. Spread on top of pie and serve. 6-8 servings.

Note: Do NOT use Cool Whip on this - this pie needs and deserves real whipping cream.

Can use key limes, lemons, Meyer lemons, oranges, blood oranges, tangerines
etc. instead of the limes here.

Back