Evelyn's Briami (Roasted Zucchini and Potato)

angak

BRIAMI

10 good-sized zucchini, washed and scrubbed and cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices
7 large-sized potatoes, peeled and cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices
5 garlic cloves, sliced thin
2 very large onions (Spanish or Bermuda), peeled, cut in half, each half cut into thirds (large wedges)
3 large tomatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
1/3 lb of hard cheese (Greek 'kefalograviera or 'myzithra' or something like Parmesan or feta- use a cheese you like)
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons oregano
3 tablespoons cut mint
3 tablespoons cut cilantro
(optional) salt and pepper

Put everything in a very large baking pan. Pour water, olive oil on top and add herbs. Season generously. Put your clean hands in the pan and give all the veggies a toss so herbs, and oil and salt and pepper go on everything.

Roast in 420F oven for a couple of hours, stirring everything up a couple of times to allow veggies on bottom to come up and brown nicely too.

This is delicious with good crusty bread (lovely juices) and feta cheese on the side - like we eat it. I think you will like this. Please let me know. Will probably serve 6 hungry people, or maybe not. We go through it fast.

AngAK's notes: I use much less oil and often add a cubed eggplant and any other vegetables I have on hand that roast well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back