Fruit Pizza

mariadnoca

Fruit Pizza from MariaD -- so simple and good, I made 12 of these for a women's retreat!

>>

I've always used the pre-made sugar cookie dough (refrigerated log). Also, I like to add a little orange zest to the cream cheese mixture. - dia/OKC. Here's her recipe:

Fruit Pizza

Makes 1 fruit pizza

A cookie dough crust, cream cheese filling, and fruit topping. Tip: For a quick crust, you may use one package of ready made sugar cookie dough rolled out to fit a pizza pan. (I made the dough.) Use your own assortment of fresh fruit such as bananas, peaches, blueberries, kiwi, pineapple, and strawberries.

For the 4th of July I made this with strawberries and blueberries that I decorated as a red star on a field of blue and since I double this making two pizzas I did the reverse also. For the two, I used one small basket of strawberries sliced and one and a half pints of blueberries.

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, softened

3/4 cup white sugar

1 egg

1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon cream of tartar

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese

1/2 cup white sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Mix in eggs. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Press dough into an ungreased pizza pan. (I used a cookie sheet.) Bake in a pre-heated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool.

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until light. Spread on cooled crust. Arrange desired fruit on top of filling, and chill. Makes 1 fruit pizza

Maria's Note's: To ensure the pizzas wouldn't get mushy I prepped everything the night before, but didn't assemble till about an hour before we left. Also, to make this easy to trasport I slid each pizza on a 12" round cake cardboard, covered with plastic wrap and I was good to go. Everyone loved this and you didn't need plates or utensils - I'm going to make this again for a beach party. It was too easy. PS The Red, White, and Blue Potato salad I posted earlier was a real hit as well. Turned out great for the real hot day we had since it didn't have a mayo base.312E514E-8046-499E-BE9D-96092A30E533.jpeg

Last edited:
Back