Get your library card out! Bake From Scratch Holiday Cookie Issue is out!

marilynfl

I view this magazine online via LIBBY and the latest issue is full of fun cookie ideas. I particularly love the idea of making rugelach simple as a stacked cookie, rather than rolling and cutting. The chocolate mint strip has a clever method to achieve the look and the "slice & bake" lets you use your own cookie cutter to display the interior shape you want. The Black Sesame cookie is basically shortbread with sesame seeds for crunch. They appear quite elegant looking.

Let me know if you can't access the magazine, but want a recipe.
Here are snapshots of the various cookies:

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 5.40.45 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 5.40.55 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing this out Marilyn. Do you know if this is the Nov/Dec. issue or a special publication? (I receive the print subscription). Don't you love Libby. I don't know if you have access to Hoopla but they also have tons of cooking mags. LOVE the rugelach bars!

Deb,

Cover says Collector's Edition at corner; Special Issue at the bottom

Screenshot 2024-09-07 at 11.53.40 AM.jpg

...and yes, I use Hoopla as well...listening to my favorite book series (The Murderbot Diaries) on it.

I view this magazine online via LIBBY and the latest issue is full of fun cookie ideas. I particularly love the idea of making rugelach simple as a stacked cookie, rather than rolling and cutting. The chocolate mint strip has a clever method to achieve the look and the "slice & bake" lets you use your own cookie cutter to display the interior shape you want. The Black Sesame cookie is basically shortbread with sesame seeds for crunch. They appear quite elegant looking.

Let me know if you can't access the magazine, but want a recipe.
Here are snapshots of the various cookies:

View attachment 2897

View attachment 2898
Thank you! I use Libby all the time, but I didn’t know it had magazines too! I plugged it in and poof! I’m reading it!

Back