Hey Moyn...re your latkes

Marg CDN

Do I understand correctly that you use the grater (large I'm guessing) on the Cuisinart for some of the vegetables and then the steel blade, to do the rest?

So you have slivers as well as chunks of veg?

Is there a special reason for not grating them all?

The only experience I have with these guys is about 35 years old, as I have always just thrown potato chunks into the blender (in the days pre-Cuisinart) as instructed by the Oster manual, with some liquid and however they come out is what goes into the mixture. I still do it that way but I'd love to try the mixed version that you mentioned to us. And I'm always looking for more ways to serve vegetables.

Thanks Moyn and best wishes for the new year!!

Moy's potato latkes

Marg.....I too was quite taken by what Moyn did with the grater and steel knife!!!....When I made mine last week, I only used the grater, and although they look "fancier", to me they're not as good as when I do them with the knife....this should be the perfect solution to a great latke.
I'm still not too good at using this site...seem to lose what I've sent on, can't seem to find it on the board.....senior moment"s"....many of them....lol....anyway, a Healthy, Happy, Peaceful year to you and yours.....ella-Toronto

Back