Hey y'all

sarah-in-charleston

I found the GailÕs Swap in December 96 and was immediately addicted.

I was one of the ÒBeach BumsÓ from the Recipe Project at GailÕs, which was before instant messaging Ð we went to a chat room to work on our project which was at the time very cool, now it would be very slow.

I have notebooks full of recipes from the swap and now filling more up with recipes from the Finer Kitchen Swap.

I had my cookbooks and notebook in my kitchen bookshelves, but had to move the least used to the den Ð I guess I need to join CBA.

Cooking is one of my passions and my friends are my willing guinea pigs.

I guess I would classify my style of cooking as Southern classic with lots of humor...

In a crisis I cook because of its calming effect.

As for my vocation, I manage a research lab at a medical university and have for a very very long time.

My other passion is racing sailboats and being involved in all aspects of this great sport. I do a basic web site for a sailing association that covers NC, SC and GA. Through sailing I have met many really neat people as I did at GailÕs and do now here.

I live in the fabulous city Charleston, SC with even more fabulous places to eat. So the dilemma is where to go with too many choices.

My family is Basil Bush Hog, a very verbal pound puppy now 4 years old, her heritage has a touch of lab, chow, beagle, hound and who ever else was around. The name was inspired by Wheel of Fortune Òbefore and afterÓ category and the fact that my back yard soon looked like a mind field.

Back