Hi, I've been missing for a while...

origcyn

I lost a lot of addresses, recipes and friends thanks to major computer crashes the past few years. I'm Cyndi, aka Original Cyn, from Oakmont, PA, just outside Pittsburgh.

I found Gail's in 1998 (I think), thanks to Reba White, who passed away some yrs. ago from breast cancer.

My DH Merrill and I just celebrated 44 yrs. of marriage on Aug. 8. We have 3 sons, 2 daughters, 2 DILs, 2 SILs and 5 grandsons. I've been a newspaper food writer since 1986, still doing that; I also own and moderate or co-moderate some neat recipe exchange lists on Yahoo Groups.

I've been fairly sick now since 1980, several problems, inc. fibromyalgia. Then a few years later, I went to lunch with a friend, ate the same food, but I was the one that got food poisoning. (Consensus is that whoever dished up my food had been working with raw chicken and didn't wash their hands.) The food poisoning was Capybolactor (Caampybolactor - always mess up the spelling . One of 3 things happen to its victims: you die, you become paralyzed (Gullian-Barre syndrome)or you get arthritis. I got the latter on top of fibro. My friend (thankfully) never got sick.

I am now dealing with COPD and diabetes - my immune system appears to have gone on vacation and not told anybody!

Walking and getting around is very difficult these days for me.

I ran a short-lived catering service, taught cooking and bread-baking classes. So now I help folks with recipes, finding recipes or sharing them.

What gets me thru the day is the love of my family, friends and God's grace.

I've missed some wonderful people here - Marge, Marilyn, Loupy, Randy, RVB (Rick?), and lots more.

Don't know that I will get to be a constant active member here again, but I promise to do my best.

Love and hugs

Cyndi

Back