Hubby brought home a rotisserie chicken from Costco last night

carianna-in-wa

for no apparent reason except that "they smelled good." Teach me to send him to Costco after work before he's eaten dinner!

Any ideas? I could make a pot pie, I'm sure. But wanted to see if anyone had something more creative stewing in their brains today.

I think they are delicious as is. Or are you looking

for something for leftovers. They are much better than what our supermarkets roast--not so much chemical taste.

This is delicious- REC Korean Namasu

You probably don't keep Ajinomoto and Hondashi in stock but Ajinomoto is MSG (you can skip it if you have an aversion to it) and Hondashi is commonly sold in the dried soup stock area of Asian markets- it is made of dried Bonito (fish) and a few other ingredients. You could skip it and use a tablespoon of fish sauce if you have it.

KOREAN NAMASU
serves 6-8

3 lb. boneless and skinless chicken
4 cucumbers
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c white vinegar
1/2 c good quality soy sauce
1/4 c sesame oil
1/2 tsp. chili pepper flakes
8 green onions, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1" piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 Tbs. Hondashi
1 Tbs. Ajinomoto
pepper to taste

Either steam over or simmer the chicken in one can of chicken broth until done. Cool and reserve the broth for another use. Refrigerate the chicken for at least 3 hours or overnight.

Pare and halve the cucumbers lengthwise. Slice into bite-size pieces. Soak in ice water for at least 1/2 hour and drain. Add the sliced green onions to the cucumbers.

For the sauce: mix together sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili pepper flakes, garlic, Hondashi, Ajinomoto, ginger and black pepper.

Just before serving, mix the chicken, cucumber and onions. Pour the sauce over all and toss.

Here's another favorite at my house REC Chinese Chicken Salad

Wun Ton Chips is a brand of chips made from deep fried strips of Won Ton (or eggroll) skins or wrappers. that are lightly salted. Make your own- I do.

CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD
(serves 2)

4 cooked chicken half-breasts, chilled and shredded
1 head lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
6 green onions, chopped
1 can mandarin orange slices, drained
bunch Chinese parsley, chopped
1 package Wun Ton Chips

Dressing:
1/4 C salad oil
1/4C sesame oil
4 T sugar
6 T vinegar
salt, pepper to taste
Blend dressing items. Mix together lettuce, green onions, mandarin oranges and Chinese parsley. Toss with dressing. Sprinkle Wun Ton Chips over top.

Or make chicken stuffed crepes (more)

make a batch of crepes- then a bechamel sauce (with some chopped onion and seasoning) that is quite thick.

Cut up or shred some chicken, add cooked broccoli and mushrooms (or whatever veggies you prefer) and bind with some of the thick bechamel to make a crepe "stuffing". Place a few tbsp of this mixture in each of the crepes and roll up- put the rolls in a baking dish.

Thin out the rest of the bechamel sauce with milk- and pour it over the crepes. Bake until really hot inside- about 15 minutes at 350.

Roast chicken? That is what we do

Carve it like a turkey. It is delicious. Why make it hard. ;o)

Do you not ever just roast a chicken for dinner?

I make Chicken Enchiladas with these

Remove the meat, tear into bit-sized pieces, and roll into tortillas with cheese of choice and a generous tablespoon of enchilada sauce. Place side-by-side in baking dish and top with more enchilada sauce, then top with more cheese. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Dawn has a lovely cream cheese chicken enchilada casserole

posted in favorites. It's really yummy.

Ok - ding ding ding... we have a winner! I made...

Dawn's Creamy Chicken Enchiladas with Carmelized Onions and Roasted Red Bell Peppers.

Big 2 Yums Up from us! I added 1/4 t. cumin to the cream cheese filling and used corn tortillas instead of flour.

REC: Creamy Chicken Enchiladas a la Dawn

CREAMY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Poultry

Amount Measure Ingredient --
Preparation Method

2 large onions -- thinly sliced
2 cups cooked chicken -- chopped
1/2 cup roasted red peppers -- chopped
6 ounces cream cheese -- cubed
2 tablespoons butter
1 package flour tortillas
1 large green enchilada sauce -- can
8 ounces Monterey jack cheese -- grated
salt -- to taste

In a wide frying pan over medium heat, cook
the onions in butter, for 20 minutes. Stir frequently to keep onions from burning. Remove from heat and add chicken, red bell peppers, and cream cheese; stir gently to blend, and season
with salt.

Pour a little green sauce in bottom of 9X13 baking pan. Spoon about 1/3 C of filling down center of each tortilla and roll. Set enchiladas, seam side down in baking pan. Continue until pan is full. Cover with remaining
sauce and top with grated cheese. At this
point you may cover and refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. If refrigerated, bake for 30 minutes, 15 minutes covered, remove foil and bake 15 minutes more. If not refrigerated, bake uncovered for 20 minutes. Makes approximately 12 enchiladas.

If you can't find the green enchilada sauce, you might try pureeing 2 large cans chopped green
chiles with some chopped raw onion, garlic,
salt and pepper, dried oregano leaves, and ground cumin. Then add about 3 small cans chicken broth. until mixture is the consistency of a thinned gravy.

I do the same thing, Mimi

although I add chopped onion and jalapeno's to the chicken mixture. Then roll the stuffing in the corn tortilla. Then finish it off with a topping of montery jack cheese, heavy cream (I didn't say this one was healthy:), and chopped jalapenos and bake until the top begins to get brown and crusty.

I try to always have chopped chicken in the freezer - usually obtained from when one of the groceries has their rot. chickens on sale,

Deb

I made them last night...

We had this huge cheese ball that someone gave us at Christmas. It was mostly cream cheese with Jalapenos in it. I spread that thickly on the inside of the tortillas before I rolled them up and it was sooo good. I ran out of chicken, and made half of them with sliced filet mignon.

Back