I checked out Robicelli's : a love story, with cupcakes from the library

mariadnoca

When Marilyn mentioned their options on stiffing buttercream, I quickly had a copy sent to my local library for pickup. Honestly, I doubt I even paid attention it was about cupcakes. I barely noticed that when I picked it up.

Well, since it was 107F today, being still with a book was in order. I kinda of glanced at it, thinking how did they do a whole book on just cupcakes? Then I opened the book.

Oh my gosh, I was unprepared for the witchery inside! Blue cheese in cupcakes?! Chicken and waffles? Buffalo chicken drizzled in hot sauce? Corn cakes w lime buttercream? Every single combination was unexpected, and likely none of the ingredients were just hanging out in my pantry. But goodness, I can’t pick which I want to try first…or run from. I can’t decide! Since every cupcake has a name, one must read each recipe to have an idea of what it is (smart cookbook trick). Tomorrow given, it will be both hot and a fire hazard from illegal fireworks, I’ll stay in and read the non recipe parts, which are clearly feisty. Thanks Marilyn for recommending this book!

Happy 4th of July!

Several reviews mention the French butter cream recipe was alone worth the price of the book. I’ve never made French, I see this in my near future now!

Here are the cupcakes titles. As Maria noted, they are NOT very descriptive but if anyone sees one they would like to view it's recipe, I'll make a PDF and attach it --rather than write up the recipe here.

IMG_3363.JPGIMG_3364.JPG

Last edited:
Back