I got a pressure canner! Favorite recipes anyone?

mariadnoca

I got it so I could make shelf stable homemade stock, but does anyone have recipes that are good and holdup for pressure canning? This is a whole new world for me, though I have water bathed canned in the past.

no recipe, but I would love for you to test lemon curd. I've never used that process because I was worried it would take away the freshness of the curd. I'll be teaching a library course on lemon curd in October and knowing that would be beneficial information to pass along to the students.

I read recently you can water bath it, which previously thought wasn’t so. I’ll see if I can find out more on which is better and test some. I agree, I’ve alway thought it would over cook when canning.

Well, I’ve only seen water bath canning and I did read about someone who did pressure canning and got scrambled eggs. Here is the approved water bath version. All call for bottled lemon juice (yuck) because it’s a consistent acid level.

Here someone offers a fresh juice meyer curd recipe they used (scroll to bottom). I’ll try a small batch and water bath Since they taught a class w it, I feel a bit more confident to try.

Back