RECIPE: I love the chewy texture of these cookies REC: Neiman-Marcus $250 Chocolate Chip Cookie

RECIPE:

sandi-in-hawaii

I'm sure this recipe is all over the internet, but I got this one from recipezaar.com.

This is a huge batch of cookies that filled my 6qt Kitchen Aid mixer. It sounded like the motor was kinda straining too. I might cut the recipe in half next time.

But I baked the cookies last week Saturday, and today, they're still nice and chewy!

If you haven't already tried the Ghirardelli 60% cocoa chocolate chips, you must! These are the best chocolate chips on the market. No Nestle Toll House chips for me!

Neiman-Marcus $250 Chocolate Chip Cookie Yield: about 10 dozen

2 cups butter

2 cups sugar

2 cups packed brown sugar

4 large eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla

5 cups blended oatmeal

4 cups flour

2 teaspoons baking soda

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 (8 ounce) Hershey Bar (grated)

24 ounces chocolate chips

3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)

Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Combine the oatmeal in a large bowl with the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and the grated chocolate. Set aside.

Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients, and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips, and nuts.

Place tablespoon-sized portions of dough 2” apart on a cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes at 375° or until golden.

http://www.recipezaar.com/13307

Hi Sandi--this is a wonderful recipe. Someone gave it to me years ago....

and I have made it over and over again. You are right, it is a hugh recipe but it cuts in half very well. However, why bother, they are so good you need to make the whole batch! I have also divided the batter into halves or thirds and made different flavors. Use whatever combination is your favorite. DH ALWAYS wants the white chocolate-macadamia ones. Pecan with coconut works well, peanuts with milk chocolate, etc, you get the idea. Great recipe!

Aren't urban legends funny? And it created all these variations - love it!..

Barbara, I gotta try your unique combo's, and the espresso powder in Mimi's version sounds fab too! (I bought some espresso powder from King Arthur flour a few months ago, and loved it. It's all gone - gotta get some more.)

More cookies in my near future... smileys/smile.gif

Back