I'd be very sad if I woke up, logged on and found the site was gone.

michael-in-phoenix

I'm praying for Paul and his family...how sad to see him pass at such a young age.

In case this site goes away, please know, ladies and gentlemen, that you occupy a very special place in my heart, and the narrative of my life includes the original Gail's Swap in 1996, and all the attempts made to preserve it. I've said this before, but our youngest son was born that year (1996) and he's nearing 30 years old, so yeah, that's how many decades I've been enjoying your friendship, and learning how to be a better cook from the collective wisdom and experience here.

Paul took on this project out of the goodness of his heart. In the many email exchanges we had over the years, he was always forthright about the future, and encouraging about the present. I am indebted to him, and to Mimi, for preserving the group and giving us a place to gather.

Rest in Peace, Paul, and to everyone here who benefited from the years of fellowship this site offered, I pray your lives continue to be a blessing to those around you, and that we all continue to enjoy our time in the kitchen and with our loved ones. Peace!

Hi Michael, it's good to see you again. :)
Hi Mimi! Yes, it is great to see you as well. I still visit christmas-cookies.com when I need inspiration!

We recently welcomed our first grandchild, attesting to how many years it's been since our youngest son was born, and I happened to find Gail's Swap. I still use a lot of recipes from that site, and this one, to feed our circle. Check out the onesie my son and his wife gave us as a gift last Christmas. It says, "Ready for Lola's kisses and Opa's cookies!" Shows you how our family operates.

RenderedImage (1).JPG

Hi Mimi! Yes, it is great to see you as well. I still visit christmas-cookies.com when I need inspiration!

We recently welcomed our first grandchild, attesting to how many years it's been since our youngest son was born, and I happened to find Gail's Swap. I still use a lot of recipes from that site, and this one, to feed our circle. Check out the onesie my son and his wife gave us as a gift last Christmas. It says, "Ready for Lola's kisses and Opa's cookies!" Shows you how our family operates.

View attachment 2873
Mimi, also go to the Christmas cookie site every year and still follow your assembly line instructions for cookie making! Thank you!

I feel the same Michael, I remember sitting at my desk in 1996 when the web was newish and getting to know this community, and all of the changes that have gone through when Gail’s Recipe Swap went away and all of the various sites that our group migrated to, all of the amazing community and recipes, all of the drama, the friends that I have met here, online and in person.

Back