In Oven - American Irish Soda Bread King A. Flour

This recipe is Delicious.....I have tried many, many recipes for Irish Soda Bread and this one I will make again and again.....

excited to try this. My forever favorite has been charlie's post with Marilyn O'Reilly's Irish Soda Bread (see link below---I love how the sw supplies these similar threads). It's almost the identical recipe, but with more buttermilk and I have everything. Including currants and raisins. I'll probably leave out the caraway seeds, though. Never did like them in this bread...they always got stuck in my teeth.

Ok, the last time I tried to make Irish soda bread I was a teenager. How long we’ve all known each other, you know this was eons ago. But I distinctly didn’t like it because you could taste the soda in the soda bread and that was the part I didn’t like. So rather than waste my time experimenting…does one taste the baking soda in this bread?

excited to try this. My forever favorite has been charlie's post with Marilyn O'Reilly's Irish Soda Bread (see link below---I love how the sw supplies these similar threads). It's almost the identical recipe, but with more buttermilk and I have everything. Including currants and raisins. I'll probably leave out the caraway seeds, though. Never did like them in this bread...they always got stuck in my teeth.
I remember Charlie's post on O'Reilly's Irish Soda Bread and how much he liked it.....I don't think you will be disappointed with this recipe.....it is delicious, in my humble opinion. If you try it please let me know.....

Ok, the last time I tried to make Irish soda bread I was a teenager. How long we’ve all known each other, you know this was eons ago. But I distinctly didn’t like it because you could taste the soda in the soda bread and that was the part I didn’t like. So rather than waste my time experimenting…does one taste the baking soda in this bread?
Hi Maria, No you definitely do not taste the baking soda in this recipe, in fact, there is very little baking soda as an ingredient..I My husband who is not a Soda Bread eater asked me to make it again soon.....hope you try it...

Back