ISO: iso: article about roasting seeds with pulp

In Search Of:

Paul

RecipeSwap.org host
Staff member
I thought I had saved an article about roasting squash and pumpkin seeds WITH the pulp. But I can't find it nor can I find it in web search. Anyone remember this or help me find it?

the article I'm looking for was along the lines of the more pulp the better

I almost think it was NY Times but I have not been able to find it.

Another of interest ...

Out of town on the opposite coast....waking up with coffee in the hotel lobby I popped in to the swap to catch up on what I may have missed the past 7 days.... with one eye open, lol, I went down the rabbit hole searching for your article. Came upon lots of interesting articles like this one which talks about some of the tastier varieties of roasted squash seeds.

Hope you find the article you are seeking. Enjoy those roasted delicata seeds.

https://theviewfromgreatisland.com/how-to-roast-perfectly-crisp-squash-seeds-five-ways-recipe/

how is the coffee?

I recently got to try peixoto coffee which is interesting in that they grow their own beans so truly are involved in every stage of the process. On some list I don't recall, was voted one of the top 50 best coffee houses in the world and the best in the U.S.

The coffee was in fact very good.

https://peixotocoffee.com/

Oct Martha Stewart Magazine - "Don't worry about rinsing off the pulp -

it caramelizes in the oven adding sweet flavor and texture."

Rinsing pulp off is how we've always prepared - and they were almost always not-so-good. I looked to link the October content but it isn't on their site at this time. So here is what is on the page smileys/wink.gif Colleen

"Our food editors love to drizzle them in olive oil and toss them with a handful of spices to bring out their nutty, earthy flavor. One mix we swear by:
Herby Pumpkin Seeds - makes 2 cups
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
2 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp dried oregano
2 Tbs EVOO
pinch kosher salt
2 Tbs freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together first five ingredients, then bread in a thin, even layer.
2. Bake, stirring a few time, until crunchy and gold brown, 35 to 45 minutes, Stir in cheese, bake 5 minutes more.
3. Let cool completely. Sure in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
For an Asian inspired twist, blend white sesame seeds with five-spice powder
If you're craving something sweet, try maple sugar, cinnamon and cardamom"

Well, the hotel coffee here the

past week at the hotels hasn't been anything to write home about but I'm looking forward to heading to New York City tomorrow where I'm sure to find a good cuppa. smileys/smile.gif

Didn't know about peixoto coffee. Were you able to find it in the bay area?

Back