ISO: ISO: GayleMO...Burger's Smokehouse in California>>

In Search Of:

curious1

Have you had their ham? I have looked at their site several times and their prices are very reasonable with free shipping, but I get confused because they offer 3 or 4 different hams. Thought perhaps you are familiar with them, are the hams really salty? I'd appreciate any thoughts or information you have.

Sorry, Curious! I haven't lived there since 1983 but maybe Joe can help?

Joe, know anything about this? thx

So are Louisiana, Florida and Paris...must have been some homesick >>

people who settled the state. I wondered if California was named because that's where they were headed and stayed in Missouri, who knows.

Curious - I've never had the products from there but my uncle in Tulsa orders them...

So I'd say it's good. He's very picky.

Sorry about the confusion! smileys/wink.gif

So funny, I think it's a pretty small place! You wouldn't happen to know which of the hams he

orders, would you? I saw an article one time that listed Burger's as one of the best mail order hams, just not sure I'd like the real salty old time ham. I order now from a place in Vermont, perhaps I should just stick with it. I have to pay for shipping there and unless they're on a special deal, the prices are higher than Burger's.

In case anyone is interested, in New York (State), there is a...

Mexico, NY; a Madrid, NY (although they pronounce it MADrid); a Texas, NY; and a Lima, NY. Oh, and a Greece, NY.

Yes, homesick New Yorkers, I suppose ;o)

LOL Dawn...I always found it strange that the American person always.....

followed up a place name with another name...I learnt it was the place name with the State.Now I really know why they do that...LOL! where I'm from (UK and Africa) they just say the place name...are we boring or what?

No, Curious, I don't but will ask him next time we speak

Which should be in the next few weeks.

Will get back with you.

Back