ISO: ISO Karen SoCA. How was your daughter's birthday party??? inquiring minds want to know! (nt)

In Search Of:
The food was great but...

I'm not sure anyone cared. It was the first flop of a party I've had. Our daughter was great and happy, but there was alot of stress in the family that happened the day before the party, so...alot of family was and is mad at the others so...about 10 family members didn't come. The food was really good, but the mood and games, we played BUNCO, were very difficult. I made cheesecake, (daughters favorite), and chocolate cupcakes for dessert. I have tons of food left over, I've frozen about 12 lbs of beef, I think I'll make tacos later in the week.,and hopefully I'll think of something else to make too! I won't be giving a family gathering for a long while!! As I get older and wiser, I realize how unnecessary some petty disagreements can be, a happy life is much more important.

I'm so sorry, Karen....

I know what a heartache this type of thing can be.

Your daughter will have mixed memories, though...because you DID do a wonderful thing for her - and that will shine out in her memory in the years to come! smileys/smile.gif

It's just too bad everyone couldn't put 'troubles' aside for one day.

Me too!! I am so sad that people brought their baggage with them>>>

It's terribly unfair to the host and the guest of honor. People should leave that sort of thing outside when they come in. Sheesh!!

Back