ISO: ISO Mimi - I can't tell you how much I love this site - especially

In Search Of:

lisainla

the "Mark as Read" feature - it sure is a time saver for me, as it makes reading new material quick and easy.

Thanks again for all of your efforts and accomodations for us!

I love that feature!! Mimi your site is the greatest! I know someone had suggested (m)

it would be great to have the ability to "mark as read" for each page. At first, I did not understand the logic, but as we are building the pages, I agree, this would be a great enhancement.

The other enhancement, which would be great, is if we can individually highlight, something as unread...Iknow this is a long shot....BUT, let me explain how it could be used. I saw Dawn's post re: appetizers; while I can't think of any now, I want to put my thinking cap on and go through some cookbooks. In the meantime, I did mark everything as read. It would be great if I can highlight hers, so it remains top of mind...(Does this make sense???)

Thanks again to you and finerkitchens for a wonderful site!!

Happy new year!
Regards,
Barb

It makes sense...

I'll add it to my list of requests (if it's not there already). This is something that I can't do myself, I have to have my programmer do it and he's very busy with another project right now. Wish I had a whole team of programmers working around the clock!

Next up is a "print this post" feature so that you can print just the text of a particular post (or, just a recipe) without all the other stuff on the page like the other messages in the thread, the post reply form, etc. I expect that to be done in the next two weeks or so (barring unforseen emergencies etc).

I love it here, it's like Old Home Week! Thanks Mimi!>>>>

Once again we have the warmth and friendliness of the old swap.
Thanks again for all your efforts.
marg

Mimi, thanks for this place. You have done a fine and very. . .

functional job.

This board does all the stuff Epi is trying to do, but it does it MUCH more efficiently and intuitively. We can send private messages, access accounts, search, and MOST Of all we can read the dang posts and read all of the titles of responses at a glance.

I notice that anything I read is un-higlighted (or highlighted by being made less "bright"), just like the Classic Gail's swap. No need for buttons that work randomly.

Thank you very much.

Mimi, that "Print This Post" feature would be GREAT! Would you mind some input on that?>>

I'd love to have that feature. It would be so nice to have the website name (Finer Kitchens Recipe Forum or something), the post date, as well as the URL (or even the post number) print as well. I usually cut and paste those things into a Word document, so that I can properly credit a recipe, when handing them out, or re-posting for others.

THANKS SO MUCH for everything you're doing here -what a wonderful gift you've given us all!

Back