ISO: ISO T&T Simple Chicken Leg recs...

In Search Of:

foodmuse

Just bought 8lb of chicken legs. Seperated them 2 by 2 into ziploc bags and am now thinking about what I'll do with them all.

Usually I either marinate in a

soy sauce

garlic

ginger

hot sauce

vinegar

peanut oil marinade and bake at 350 degrees about an hour.

or

dip in egg and then in parmesan cheese and bake at 350 degrees about an hour.

Any one else have some yummy easy recipes?

Muse

Here is one that I have in the crockpot right now...REC: Curried Drumsticks

You could use a no-sugar added jam or marmalade to lower the carbs. I added some green onion and cilantro, and 1 tablespoon of curry powder.

Crockpot Curried Chicken Legs Recipe #86804

This is an easy way to prepare curried chicken in the crockpot. I like to serve this with rice pilaf and assorted veggies.
6 chicken legs
1 cup chopped onions
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon butter (i use unsalted, real butter)
1/4 cup orange marmalade

3-4 servings Change size or US/metric
Change to: servings US Metric

7 hours 10 minutes 10 mins prep

http://www.recipezaar.com/r/q=chicken+legs/ls=h

Rec: Peanut Chicken (Crockpot)

2-4 chicken legs
1/2 small onion, chopped
1 tsp celery seed
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 - 3/4 cup milk
dash cayenne pepper
1 garlic clove, crushed
salt and pepper to taste

Brown chicken and wilt onion over med-high heat. Drain and place in crockpot. Combine rest of ingredients in a small bowl; whish together.

Pour mixture over chicken/onion mix and set on high for about an hour and then low for 6 more hours. Done when it falls off the bone.

You can also, of course, add any amount of vegetables in here with this. I often add chopped celery and carrots for a little color.

I've got 2 chicken legs in the oven now using my soy mixture.

I've got 2 chicken legs in the oven now using my soy mixture I posted above. Thanks for ideas! I really need to get myself a crockpot.

I have 10 chicken legs to go. Keep'm comin.

I'm especially interested in how to stew chicken legs. I remember years ago stewing skinless chicken legs with spices and maybe coconut milk.

What about Korean braised chicken, reposted from post 450

Rec: Korean Braised Chicken

-- modified from Hi Soo Shin Hepinstall's book, Growing Up in a Korean Kitchen: a Cookbook (what a fabulous book), p. 142-43

3 pounds lean chicken legs and thighs, skinned
3 T vegetable oil
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tsp. ginger, minced
2 large onions, quartered and peeled
4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
4 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks

SAUCE 1 tsp. red pepper flakes (original recipe called for 1 T., but I find that too hot)
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 T vermouth
2 T sugar
4 T lemon juice
2 cups chicken broth

Skin the legs and thighs. Boil skinless legs and thighs in a large soup pot for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse the chicken. Return the chicken to the pot and stir fry with the garlic and ginger for 1-2 minutes. Add the sauce ingredients, including the chicken broth. Add the cut-up carrots, potatoes and onions. Simmer for 25-30 minutes. Serve with rice.

Five ingredient chicken

FIVE INGREDIENT CHICKEN Serving – 6

1/4 cup Dijon mustard, thinned w/ 3T water

2/3 cup maple syrup

2 teaspoons rubbed sage or ground sage

2 teaspoons curry powder

4 pounds chicken pieces, skinned (dark meat is the best)

In a small saucepan, add all ingredients, except chicken. Stir until sage and curry powder are well-blended. Place chicken pieces in a casserole or baking pan that crowds the chicken a little. Pour mustard sauce over chicken, and place in oven. Bake at 425 degrees, for approximately an hour. Baste chicken every 10-15 minutes with mustard sauce. After about a half hour turn chicken pieces over and baste with mustard sauce. When chicken is golden brown and sauce has separated, transfer chicken to a serving dish and cover with foil to keep warm. Discard the chicken fat that has accumulated in baking pan. From

I made Chicken Tagine the other night using 4 lbs. of bone-in, skinless thighs.

I used one cup of hot water with a pinch of saffron mixed in. Finely chopped onions, and then spices were placed evenly on top. Carrots followed to cook another half hour and then fresh basil. I simmered it in the preheated oven at 325° for about an hour and a half in my 5.5 quart cast iron Dutch oven with the lid slightly ajar. The recipe was not the greatest but the chicken turned out tender using the tagine method. Try looking up Chicken Tagine recipes.

Back