RECIPE: Just in time for Valentines: REC: No-Bake Chocolate Caramel Truffle Pie

RECIPE:

deb-in-mi

This is a decadent, easy dessert. I like to make my own crust - either a pastry crust, nut crust, or graham. Also - I double the caramel layer.

No-Bake Chocolate Truffle Pie

1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted and coarsely chopped

one 6-oz ready-to-fill chocolate-flavored crumb crust

Caramel Layer:

3/4 cup (5 oz) individually wrapped caramels (17 squares), unwrapped

1/4 cup canned evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed milk)

Truffle Layer:

1.5 cups (9 oz) semisweet chocolate chips

1 cup heavy (whipping) cream

3 T. butter

1) Sprinkle pecans on crust

2) Caramel Layer: Heat caramels and evaporated milk in a heavy saucepan over low heat or in a bowl in microwave, stirring often until caramels melt and mixture is smooth. Pour over pecans.

3) Truffle Layer: Heat chocolate chips, cream and butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat or in a bowl in microwave, stirring until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Pour over caramel layer and refrigerate about 4 hours until set.

4) To serve: Pipe or spoon on whipped cream

Source: Womans Day Magazine

Like usual - I don't measure. However....

I usually take apprx. 1.5 cups of walnuts or pecans and chopped until they are fine enough for a crust (don't chop until powdery - you want to have little bits that will adhere with butter). Then I added brown sugar (1 or 2 T.) and melted butter (no clue here - probably 6 to 8 T.

Spray the pie pan and them pat the above mixture on bottom and up sides and bake for about 7 - 10 minutes in a 350 F oven.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more precise.

Debra Rosenberg

That's great; thanks. I'm a big fan of nut crusts; pastry crusts spell instant failure for me. smileys/frown.gif

Back