Just wanted to let you know that I tried the blue cheese sauce...

dawnnys

that Marg CDN posted (from Bon Appétit). I basically followed the recipe, but I didn't use leeks. Below is the recipe I used (with changes).

It was fantastic over roasted chicken and rice. Just wanted to say thanks for the suggestion and let you all know how it came out.

Freshly ground pepper (to taste)

1/4 cup whipping cream (I used H&H)

2 tablespoons unsalted butter

1 1/2 oz Roquefort cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)

1 tsp onion flakes (no time to chop and saute the onion)

Little lost here....3 plus 2 TBL butter......sounds a great sauce...no flour....

I'm not a blue cheese fan but would love to try this sauce, maybe over gnocchi.....which a lunchoen place makes and I really like....OK maybe I can get to really like blue cheese and am willing to try some sauces out.

Oops, sorry for the typo. I used about 2 Tbsp. It's very good and thickens as it cools.

(and I changed it above)

LOL Dawn, I bought chicken and Roquefort cheese today (more)

and said to myself: I must find a way to combine these two for dinner today smileys/smile.gif

Your recipe hit right home. I'll make it tonight!!! Thanks a lot for posting!

I made the sauce according to your recipe and (more)

my boyfriend was scraping the last drops of the sauce from the saucer with a spoon!
Needless to say, we are keeping this recipe. Thanks for sharing!! smileys/smile.gif

Thanks Eva, always nice to hear feedback. I suppose you could...

use lowfat or fat-free half and half (cream substitute) and also use a butter substitute if you want to cut down on the fat and cholesterol, but I eat rich food like this just once and a while, so...

I also love fresh, soft pears with melted blue cheese on them. Mmmmm, for dessert.

Back